Which colour do you think?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JuZz'<3

Reaction score
A friend of mine wants this.. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1403342856.198266.jpg

She already has dark brown hair, can anyone suggest which colour to use for the highlights. I'm absolutely stuck

I use loreal majirel by the way but I'm open to using another colour xx

Is her 'dark brown hair' natural or is there tint on it already?

Is her 'dark brown hair' natural or is there tint on it already?

Tint already. I've coloured for the past two years with 5.15 so I know pre lightening will be needed x

[QUOTE=JuZz'

You won't know what you will need to use until you lift it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I would pre-lighten her hair to a yellow. Then tone with a 7.13 or 7 & 7.1 with activator leaving it on for 20- 30mins

I would pre-lighten her hair to a yellow. Then tone with a 7.13 or 7 & 7.1 with activator leaving it on for 20- 30mins

How do you know that it wont lift up red and so require green? 5.15 has a secondary mahogany tone and I used to have it on mine, always used to lift up red. I would advise not to make any assumptions about what toner you will need untill you see what tones you are counteracting

Take a strand test, lighten it and then we can see what toner you will need x

Ideally you want it to lift to a copper stage then tone with maybe 8/71 (koleston and pastel) I would do a test strand of bleach and pastel and see how well it lifts, as nearly me said you won't know what to use to tone until you do a strand test xx

It looks like it's been lifted past a yellow stage, if you were to pick out the lightened hair and examine it you would probably see that it's been lifted to around a 9 it's only because the colour placement is so soft that it's not as bright as what you think it is.

I would balayage with bleach 30vol and then tone accordingly but I def lift it as much as you can

It looks like it's been lifted past a yellow stage, if you were to pick out the lightened hair and examine it you would probably see that it's been lifted to around a 9 it's only because the colour placement is so soft that it's not as bright as what you think it is.

I would balayage with bleach 30vol and then tone accordingly but I def lift it as much as you can

Do you think ? I would think if you lift to a yellow then tone with warm colours the outcome isn't going to be nice though , I would say a yellow is far to light x

Sorry geeks, forgot to mention a strand test was done. It lifted to a light copper/orange xx

[QUOTE=JuZz'

If it was me that would be an ideal shade I would tone with either 8/71 or 7/71 koleston and pastel

/7 is brunette so your keeping the warmth and the /1 is ash so is neutralising it slightly xx

I think you need to get it at least yellow for the lightest pieces, I would aim for more of a toffee colour if you are lifting to an orange undertone.

Thank you. Any more suggestions on toners?x

Latest posts

Back