Which colours?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shelleigh

Glam1
Reaction score
Bit of help guys please, what colour should I be using to put on to bleached blonde hair to make it a natural light brown but not too warm, I usually use a 6/0 with a bit of 6/77 but comes out a bit warm??

Bit of help guys please, what colour should I be using to put on to bleached blonde hair to make it a natural light brown but not too warm, I usually use a 6/0 with a bit of 6/77 but comes out a bit warm??
I use wella koleston

Pre pig with perfecton dry in then Apply desired shade and if possible use colour touch X

With what shade? Cuz I dnt want it to go too warm?

We're not here to offer you a formula on a plate. SalonGeek is a place of learning but you need to use your own knowledge and initiative to make the decision of formulas. We can help you with techniques but its down to you to decide the science.

If you have no idea even with help then you shouldn't be doing hair colour until you're educated.

We're not here to offer you a formula on a plate. SalonGeek is a place of learning but you need to use your own knowledge and initiative to make the decision of formulas. We can help you with techniques but its down to you to decide the science.

If you have no idea even with help then you shouldn't be doing hair colour until you're educated.
Thank u for the advice, im just a little rusty on colours that's all as I have been not been workin for the past 5 years due to bringin up my children, I kinda know what colours to use but jus needed a second opinion.

Thank u for the advice, im just a little rusty on colours that's all as I have been not been workin for the past 5 years due to bringin up my children, I kinda know what colours to use but jus needed a second opinion.

Thats understandable.

What colours do you have in mind?

Was thinkin maybe 6/0 and or 6/1?
If you pre pigment before with a 8.3 you can the apply your desired shade.
I always strand test, because on some client with dark blonde hair you don't need to repigment. I used 7.1 on a blonde without problems, we achieved a lovely medium ashy brown, what the client wanted. No green undertone. But she had a strong gold pigment in it and i strand test it before.
I would stay away from neutrals because on bleached hair they fade to brassy.

If you pre pigment before with a 8.3 you can the apply your desired shade.
I always strand test, because on some client with dark blonde hair you don't need to repigment. I used 7.1 on a blonde without problems, we achieved a lovely medium ashy brown, what the client wanted. No green undertone. But she had a strong gold pigment in it and i strand test it before.
I would stay away from neutrals because on bleached hair they fade to brassy.

Why would you prepig with an 8.3 to go down to a 6 when the undertone of a 6 is orange?

Pre pigmentation isn't just to replace the natural undertone taken out when lightening but also to prevent fading and even out the porosity of the hair. Its a crucial step when darkening.

Why not use illumina?
I've never used illumina, and I get a bit on edge when I use colours ive never used before? Lol. Yeh I don't think I need to pre pig it, jus need to neutralise golden tones to more ashy, but thank u for the advice.

I've never used illumina, and I get a bit on edge when I use colours ive never used before? Lol. Yeh I don't think I need to pre pig it, jus need to neutralise golden tones to more ashy, but thank u for the advice.

So, am i right in thinking that you've already pre-pigmented, brought her down to a 6 and its quite warm but you want it cooler?

Illumina is nothing to be scared of i'd embrace it if i were you honestly

So, am i right in thinking that you've already pre-pigmented, brought her down to a 6 and its quite warm but you want it cooler?

Illumina is nothing to be scared of i'd embrace it if i were you honestly
I've bleach bathed it up 2 shades as she wanted it a dark blonde so right now it's base of a 6 with a lot of warmth, so yeh jus need it to be cooler. I'm not too sure what illumina is? Lol.

I've bleach bathed it up 2 shades as she wanted it a dark blonde so right now it's base of a 6 with a lot of warmth, so yeh jus need it to be cooler. I'm not too sure what illumina is? Lol.

Right so you're sure its a base 6?

Illumina is a brand by wella. Its much more natural than kp or colour touch and has a violet base so it's much cooler!

Why would you prepig with an 8.3 to go down to a 6 when the undertone of a 6 is orange?

Pre pigmentation isn't just to replace the natural undertone taken out when lightening but also to prevent fading and even out the porosity of the hair. Its a crucial step when darkening.
I find that with l'oreal if you pre pigment with the same shade it's too dark. In the dialight range the 7 is more a 5 actually, especially on porous hair the color always comes out way darker.

I find that with l'oreal if you pre pigment with the same shade it's too dark. In the dialight range the 7 is more a 5 actually, especially on porous hair the color always comes out way darker.

Thats not the point I was making.

You're target goal is a level 6. The undercoat of a level 6 is orange, you recommended pre pigmentation with yellow.

Then using a 7.1 which in loreal 1 is blue. Even though the op is using wella...

Blue + yellow = green.

Yeh I bleached bathed it and it went very orangey, but light enough to put a 6 on and with 6/0 being a very flat colour I thought it would neutralise the orange a bit but still keep a little bit of warmth in it, but unfortunately it still looks a bit too warm, so u think I should use illumina? Or could i use 6/1? Cuz I dnt want to take all the warmth out.

Yeh I bleached bathed it and it went very orangey, but light enough to put a 6 on and with 6/0 being a very flat colour I thought it would neutralise the orange a bit but still keep a little bit of warmth in it, but unfortunately it still looks a bit too warm, so u think I should use illumina? Or could i use 6/1? Cuz I dnt want to take all the warmth out.

Do you want it too look like a natural flat 6?

Thats not the point I was making.

You're target goal is a level 6. The undercoat of a level 6 is orange, you recommended pre pigmentation with yellow.

Then using a 7.1 which in loreal 1 is blue. Even though the op is using wella...

Blue + yellow = green.
Yeah BUT if target color is 6, on bleached hair it always came out darker when I did it. Always. That is why, to achieve a level 6, i use 7. It comes out dark as a 6 on porous hair.
Plus, better to be a bit lighter than be darker!! Lighter you can always correct it, darker not so much!
For the 7 i prepigment with .3, that is the way to do it with l'oreal dialight. Pre pigmentation is done with .3 for every level.
Maybe in other brands is different?

Latest posts

Back