Which course should I take OPI, NSI, IBD or EZ-Flow

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Misse82

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

Have only completed my level two certificate at college yet managed to secure a job in a lovely salon where the owner is training me but only when she has time which is not that often, because of this i would like to take a course to learn gels and acrylics so i can progress a little quicker but am confused as to which one will be best.

I am really keen on the OPI course however it is expensive and quite far to travel for me which i don't mind if it will help but was wondering if anyone on here has done any of the courses mentioned and if so do they recommend them and are the training kits provided any good?

Hope someone can help!:lol:

hi geeks

have only completed my level two certificate at college yet managed to secure a job in a lovely salon where the owner is training me but only when she has time which is not that often, because of this i would like to take a course to learn gels and acrylics so i can progress a little quicker but am confused as to which one will be best.

I am really keen on the opi course however it is expensive and quite far to travel for me which i don't mind if it will help but was wondering if anyone on here has done any of the courses mentioned and if so do they recommend them and are the training kits provided any good?

Hope someone can help!:lol:

cnd :)

Can I ask why you don't have CND on your list.

IMHO training doesnt get any better than CND. Over the years there have been so many who first trained with another company to save a few pennies but ended up training with CND afterwards as the training they offer just can't be beaten.

Does the Salon you are in already offer nail enhancements..if so what products do they use? Maybe the salon owner would prefer you trained with them.

If not, and you have free reign to choose then get all the details from all the courses you have available in your area and do a comparison. I would stil confer with your salon owner before making a final choice as she knows the clientel in the salon and what may suit them.

As others have pointed out CND should make it onto your list to check out, as they are renowned for their training.
If you want to progress into nail art and colour then EzFlow would also be a good choice for you, and of course another ommision from your list is the new kid on the block Harmony who have training in most parts of the UK now.

A big decision to make, so take your time, look at all your options and choose wisely. Good Luck :hug:

You also need to think long term, what about when you leave that salon & work else where.

Pick a company that is well know & well respected & as Izzidoll says CND are renowned for their training (& haven't even trained with them!..........but if I had my time again & the knowledge I have now I most certainly would have done)

Thanks for your replies every one.

Sorry for missing out the CND course on my list i have looked into it now though and will definitely check out the Harmony training.

At the salon we currently use IBD gels as a base for the OPI colours. I have really been considering the OPI course as that is the product we use most and it is a product i really love however i don't want to be blinded by this and miss out on a really good course like CND so i am quite confused especially with the courses being such a lot of money, i am very worried about doing the wrong one.

I have looked into both the CND and OPI course and am a bit torn between the two now! Think i may be more swayed to OPI as this is probably something i would use if i wanted to set up on my own but any more information about the courses will all still be much appreciated.:)

I trained with OPI and still use their products for nail enhancements. My course was really good, it was hard work, ran over about 8 weeks and I had to do a portfolio in between training days and then an exam at the end. I really enjoyed it, altho it was stressful at times fitting all the models in x

This was my problem exactly,OPI or CND who both have good feedback from the media and on their websites. How can i justify paying nearly 300+ quid with OPI for just their manicure and pedicure class and half the price with CND.. Which works out better, inc purchasing of the kit.

Help Solve this dilemma!!

Last edited:
I too did a college NVQ2. Just today I have come back from a conversion course l + p with CND's Liza Smith and it blew me away. She was absolutely fantastic. What can I say I just wish I had had the opportunity to train with them first. But no good crying over spilt milk, I am training with them now and they are definitely market leaders and know their stuff. I can't praise Liza enough, what a lovely lady, can't wait for my next 121. I can't comment on OPI but CND are brill. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back