Which day to close?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annemarie

CND Grand Master tech
Reaction score
Hello all
My current salon opening times are
Tuesday, Wednesday 10-5pm
Thurs/ Friday 10-7pm
Saturday 10-5pm
I have always closed on a Sunday and Monday. Most Wednesdays are extremely quiet so much so that I wonder why I keep the salon open on this day. I'm not sure whether to change this now and close Wednesday and open Mondays instead. Any advice greatly appreciated.

i would be interested to see what people think, i too find Wednesdays the quietest day we are open Tues & Fri 10-6, Wed 10-3 Thurs 10-8 Sat 9-3
i have often thought of closings Wednesday and opening Monday but will it be busy or will people automatically assume that we close Mondays as most salons are usually closed on mondays x

I used to work in a salon that opened on a Monday, they eventually stopped because it was always dead quiet, I think people just assume you will be closed. Think back over the time since you opened, have many asked for a Monday appointment?

Amanda xx

I have a room in a hair salon and we open on a Monday, from 9am until 3pm. Has done this for the last 19 years, so of course everyone knows. We also have a few therapists that have their hair done as this is their day off. We have closed on Wednesdays through the winter and we have Tuesday and Friday 9am until 7pm.

You could start it off with an offer say ??% off for all new clients on Mondays.

It may depend where you live. Mondays are good for me as the others around me are shut. I find Thursdays are the worst day.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've been thinking about opening on Mondays instead of Wednesdays as they are so quiet :(

Monday is usually as busy as a Thursday and Friday for me. Have never opened on a Wednesday.
It works well for me as I work Monday 9.30 - 6.00, Tuesday 9.30 - 7.00, Thursday 9.30 - 7.00, Friday 9.30 - 6.00, Saturday 9.30 - 2.00. It gives me Wednesday as a day off to do what I please and Saturday afternoon and Sunday to spend with my hubby/family/friends!!

Sent from my A1-810 using SalonGeek mobile app

Most salon round my area either close Monday or Wednesday i close my salon on a tuesday as thats the quiter day round me :lol:

Hi, I have a hair salon so maybe different trade pattern to beauty. We are still v.new, only in my 9th month of trading. We are open Monday - Saturday, closed Sunday. Lots of local salons nearby are closed on monday but I have always found it is pretty steady and worth opening. Even if I have no bookings, I always get some walk ins and also get a few phone bookings for the rest of the week whereas if I was shut could possibly lose those clients to somewhere else. Tuesday & Wednesday are the quietest days so any promotions tend to be run on those days to try and get them a bit busier and that has helped. Would you not consider opening over 6 days but maybe doing a half day on your quieter days rather than shutting for the whole day? I feel by closing a whole day you miss out on passing trade, enquiries which may lead to future bookings etc? X

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

I have recently started opening Mondays and after 6 weeks I'm working 12 hours most Mondays.....never thought that would happen to be honest but it has xx

I used to work in a salon that opened on a Monday, they eventually stopped because it was always dead quiet, I think people just assume you will be closed. Think back over the time since you opened, have many asked for a Monday appointment?

Amanda xx

Yes a good few people have asked if I'm open on a Monday in the past, I'm not sure as to whether that is a good enough reason to open though. I think I'll put the word about amongst my clients to see what they think.
Honestly Wednesdays are a waste of time though.
The hairdressers next door but one to my salon close Monday and Thursdays as they have told me Thursdays were always quiet.
When I worked in a hair and beauty salon I had Wednesday as my day off. I suppose it's different for everyone and depending on area.

His may seem odd but I close Saturdays, open Monday to Friday, we're busy both hair and beauty during the week and have always been dead on Saturdays. Most of our clients are either fortunate enough they don't have to work due to husbands with good jobs or they work shifts, so weekends are family or work times.

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Why don't you close Sunday and Monday and have half a day Wednesday

I am closed Sunday and Monday already. Wednesday is rubbish all day so I was thinking of opening Monday instead if it was to be busier. iygwim I see what you mean though .x

We are open 6 days and I have to say Wednesday is generally the quiet one. However, at the beginning of the week a Wednesday may be quiet but by Tuesday night we're often busy on the Wednesday. Not stacked out but plenty enough to warrant opening. Monday is often fully booked as I don't know any salons open on a Monday but a lot of people take it as their day off.

Vicki x

I open on a Monday so all the beauticians who close on a Monday can come and get their hair done, I close on Wednesday it's my quietest day

Hi when I worked for myself renting a room in a hair salon I was always busy on a Monday . Now I have a salon and Mondays are very busy I can be busy from 9am until 8pm , I think it's a matter of clients getting to know that you are open on a Monday .

I'm mobile, but ALL the salons in my area close Wednesdays, so I have Monday as my day off, and Wednesdays are usually my busiest day (aside from Fridays of course)! I used to offer 7 days a week but very rarely had bookings for a Monday x

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back