Which eyelash extension training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jemmarapson

Reaction score
I have been investing all the different brands of eyelashes and there training, costs, location etc... I have a few brands which seem to keep popping up which are - Novalash, Flirties, Lash Perfect & Glam Lash

Glam Lash seems to be the cheapest and Novalash the most expensive, just wondering if anyone has had any experience of these training courses and there products/training starter kits.

Please help !!
Thanks for reading :lol:

i did my training with Novalash just coming up on a year ago. i went for the professional kit which if youve looked into it youll be aware of what i paid for it!! the training itself was good, there were 8 of us on the day and it consisted of theory then practical on each other, we then had to complete 5 case studies to become certified.

i have to be honest and say i came away thinking id never be able to do it, but practice makes perfect and anyone who would sit for long enough got lashes on :) i also found the support after my course quite good, if i had any questions i could contact Novalash and they were happy to answer me.

downsides are products are very expensive. i believe the bond is worth it but the lashes are so over priced compared to other places. also we only have two types of curl rather than the variety other brands offer.

salon geek has been a wealth of knowledge to me and i think a lot of people will agree :) something ive found from reading on here is that regardless of who people train with they mix the brands up when buying their products - so maybe use one brand for bond, one for lashes and another for gel pads etc...

hope this helps a wee bit and if i can answer anything else please let me know. good luck whoever you train with :) xx

Have you looked at Xtreme Lashes?

www.xtremelashes.co.uk
Eyelash Extensions by Xtreme Lashes® | Global Lash Extension Leader

I use them and their products are of such a high quality, they are more expensive than some of the other brands but their training is fantastic, and you really do learn how to offer bespoke sets of lashes on your clients, rather than the 'same old' that I found a lot of brands teach. They teach over a couple of days and you have to do a number of case studies and go back for a certification day to prove what you can do. Much better IMO than some of the one day courses out there.

Thankyou very much for your replies. Yes it does seem thats people mix and match. It was Novalash I was thinking about and the Salon Kit (which is mega bucks !!) did you think the kit was worth the money ?I have to do 10 case studies in a month to get some more free glue - Do you think thats possible !!

Yes Xtreme lashes is over a couple of days but it was a little too expensive for me at the moment.

Ever heard of Glam Lashes - very very reasonable so im wondering why !!

Hi, I did a course with lash perfect a few years ago. It was definitely worth it, only about 6 of us on the day. However I did leave feeling not very confident but like said practice makes perfect and the more I did the more I got use to it. I also did a course with iLash xpress which I found much better but that may have been because I had gained experience in lashes. However the theory was very good and there was only me and another in the course. Hope this helps x

I use eyelash emporium products as trained with them and haven't strayed away as find them really good :) TBH, I came away from the training and left it for a few weeks as didn't think I could do it but after reading salon geek advice and a few YouTube vids, I was away! I think whoever you train with, the real training comes after with each set you do.. Kinda like after you've passed your driving test! Good luck :)

My advice would be to find a training provider that has fewer students in the class and that asks you to bring a model along for you to work on, this will give you maximum practice time on the day.

I would also go with a training provider that requires you to do case studies or an assessment after your day or days training, enabling them to pick up on any bad habits or problems you may be experiencing.

Also check that you have continued support after.

All these aspects will give you the much needed support that you will require, it will mean that will be giving yourself the best start in this, tricky, but amazing treatment.

I agree with blinkingorgeous. Try ringing a few companies and get a feel for the training. Accreditation is paramount as you will need the certificate for your insurance afterwards and the smaller the class the better as you will get 1-2-1 attention from your trainer for the whole time giving advise and help.

Another thing is aftercare support, ie once you have finished the training that you can stay in touch with the trainer to get advise and support when you have any questions.

Latest posts

Back