Which facial brand, Eve Taylor and/or Clinicare?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Lou Lou S

Reaction score
Hi,

I’m setting up asalon at home and want to focus on facials and massage but am undecided which skincare brand to go with.

I’ve been in the industry for a long time and have worked with many professional brands, but as I’m going to be a one-man-band, I don’t want a huge set up cost or high minimum order. I also want my retail products to be more affordable than some high end brands.

My initial thought was Eve Taylor, which I’ve used a long time ago. I love their price point and the starter packages are affordable. They’re lovely products for those clients who come to you mainly for relaxation. But what do you think about their effectiveness in regards to results?

Thinking about results, I then had a look into Clinicare as I’d like to offer peels but I’ve also been wondering about their skincare range. Does anyone use Clinicare as a stand-alone brand for both their skincare and peels, and what do you think?

It would be nice to offer a retail and professional product containing retinol too as I know it gives great results.

So, I’m trying to make my mind up about either having both Eve Taylor and only the peels from Clinicare or just having Clinicare (both skincare and peels).

Any opinions/advice would be greatly appreciated! Or any suggestions for other brands welcome too.
Thanks in advance!

Gill.b

Reaction score
Hi,

I’m setting up asalon at home and want to focus on facials and massage but am undecided which skincare brand to go with.

I’ve been in the industry for a long time and have worked with many professional brands, but as I’m going to be a one-man-band, I don’t want a huge set up cost or high minimum order. I also want my retail products to be more affordable than some high end brands.

My initial thought was Eve Taylor, which I’ve used a long time ago. I love their price point and the starter packages are affordable. They’re lovely products for those clients who come to you mainly for relaxation. But what do you think about their effectiveness in regards to results?

Thinking about results, I then had a look into Clinicare as I’d like to offer peels but I’ve also been wondering about their skincare range. Does anyone use Clinicare as a stand-alone brand for both their skincare and peels, and what do you think?

It would be nice to offer a retail and professional product containing retinol too as I know it gives great results.

So, I’m trying to make my mind up about either having both Eve Taylor and only the peels from Clinicare or just having Clinicare (both skincare and peels).

Any opinions/advice would be greatly appreciated! Or any suggestions for other brands welcome too.
Thanks in advance!
Hiya
I'm in the exact same position as yourself! I've been looking for a skincare brand but as I'm a home based salon too finding it very hard to get a company to even look at me! It's very frustrating!I've used Eve Taylor in the past but not 100% on it some good prods I may try it again I was also looking at Clinicare after seeing recommendations on here so leaning more towards that also a few mentioned Medik8 but have not contacted them yet so not sure if they will cater for home salons
Hope u get sorted sorry couldn't b more help
Xx

Lou Lou S

Reaction score
Hiya
I'm in the exact same position as yourself! I've been looking for a skincare brand but as I'm a home based salon too finding it very hard to get a company to even look at me! It's very frustrating!I've used Eve Taylor in the past but not 100% on it some good prods I may try it again I was also looking at Clinicare after seeing recommendations on here so leaning more towards that also a few mentioned Medik8 but have not contacted them yet so not sure if they will cater for home salons
Xx
Thanks for your reply. It’s certainly taking up a lot of time looking into this and I seem to be going round in circles! Good luck with choosing your brand too xx

BrenG

New treatments
Reaction score

Lizziefin

Reaction score
Monu are very good for a sole therapist. Used them for 21 years plus. Affordable and results driven. No large initial outlay

Lou Lou S

Reaction score
Monu are very good for a sole therapist. Used them for 21 years plus. Affordable and results driven. No large initial outlay
Thanks so much for your reply, will have a look into them xx

kim9red

Semi Permanent Make-up by Kim Duffy
Reaction score
I've used ClinicCare's products for 3 years. I absolutely love them. They are made from natural ingredients, vegan friendly and my clients love them. I've used other brands, Juliette Armand, Medik8, Texoane - but always come back to Clinicare. Their cleanser are super mild and work well on sensitive skins. Love their Instant Painless Peel. You should check them out. Lovely friendly company happy to answer any questions.

Mariejwic

Reaction score
I've used Eve Taylor for over 9 years at my home based salon. Lovely products, no large initial outlay. I've seen really good results with their products and they've introduced a free online education site during covid which has been great for topping up your knowledge. I'm also on their closed Facebook group for therapists and the support on there has been good with other therapists and Eve Taylor herself and the rest of the team offering advice.
Good luck with whatever you decide x

Lou Lou S

Reaction score
I've used ClinicCare's products for 3 years. I absolutely love them. They are made from natural ingredients, vegan friendly and my clients love them. I've used other brands, Juliette Armand, Medik8, Texoane - but always come back to Clinicare. Their cleanser are super mild and work well on sensitive skins. Love their Instant Painless Peel. You should check them out. Lovely friendly company happy to answer any questions.
Great, thanks so much for your reply xx

I've used Eve Taylor for over 9 years at my home based salon. Lovely products, no large initial outlay. I've seen really good results with their products and they've introduced a free online education site during covid which has been great for topping up your knowledge. I'm also on their closed Facebook group for therapists and the support on there has been good with other therapists and Eve Taylor herself and the rest of the team offering advice.
Good luck with whatever you decide x
Sounds great, thanks very much for your reply xx

rowdy2205

Reaction score
Hiya
Xx
I have looked into a few brands too as in the same position. Medik8 you have to place an order before you can go on their training and you have to choose peels, facials or body treatments or all three. I opted for peels and facials and the initial order including retail products (which I have dramatically reduced from their original suggestion and the only section they will let me amend) is still £1200 inc VAT
I have no idea who else to look at. I want results driven facials with peels but also great at home products that work.
Tp be honest I think Im going to just have to suck it up as I love Medik8 and know their products work.

Unless anyone else has any ideas? I would prefer retail and professional to be same brand then use different peels if I have to

sam c

Reaction score
I use both in the salon. We use Eve Taylor for our standard and luxury facials and Clinicare for peels, needling and Dermaplaning facials. I use Clinicare in our Academy too as there is no minimum spend so it’s not too costly to start with. Clinicare products are fantastic.

Lou Lou S

Reaction score
I use both in the salon. We use Eve Taylor for our standard and luxury facials and Clinicare for peels, needling and Dermaplaning facials. I use Clinicare in our Academy too as there is no minimum spend so it’s not too costly to start with. Clinicare products are fantastic.
Thanks so much for your reply, this is good to know. I’m also thinking of training in dermaplaning as it seems to be very popular. Does your Eve Taylor retail well and do you see good results? And how about Clinicare...do you retail that or just use the professional products? Thanks so much in advance!

Latest posts