which facial treatments do you offer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mieke

Reaction score
Hi,

I would like to know how many different facial treatments that you offer?
I can think of facials for dry skin, oily/mixed skin, sensitive skin, aging skin...
Do you offer a lot of specifick treatments besides these like serums and masks to brighten the skin up, vitamin treatments,...

I have to buy in the near future a starting- up range of products, i know how to use al there products since i was trained with them in school but there are so many treatments that i am wondering if i should stick to the basic ones instead of all the specifick treatments since they add so much costs to start off.
Do many customers ask for specifik treatments and do you offer them?
I want to add them to my services later on but then i think...maybe i should offer them straight away.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated :green:

Starting up as a beautician is pretty expensive...did you guys offered everything from the beginning or did you build it up over time?

Hi Mieke,its important to be able to offer diferent facials for different skin types.I.e It's no good not having an anti ageing facial if someone of a certain age/skin type needs it and no good having only a couple of skin range products when there are several skin types generally.

I know it's difficult when starting out but imagine how unprofessional it would be to offer facials yet not cater for all ranges,this could lead you to lose clients which potentially could be a lot more expensive to any business.

I would suggest Eve Taylor as this has all products for all skin types at an affordable price.Eve Taylor caters for 5 different types,these are soothing and hydrating,purifying,sensitive,anti ageing and finally a maintenance facial where temporary instability is an issue.

The Eve Taylor range is wonderful and uses aromatherapy oils as key ingredients,hth.

Yes ofcourse, i would offer facial treatments for all the different skin types but i meant special treatments like whitening products to reduce hyperpigmentation or a special vitamin treatment, micro dermabrasion...these extra's if you know what i mean?

Sorry if i wasn,t clear :lol:

Yes ofcourse, i would offer facial treatments for all the different skin types but i meant special treatments like whitening products to reduce hyperpigmentation or a special vitamin treatment, micro dermabrasion...these extra's if you know what i mean?

Sorry if i wasn,t clear :lol:

No problem,well I would say, get your feet off the ground initially,build up your clients,see what your clients needs are then go from there.

It takes time to get everything you need,some ranges have pigmentation products as part of their range some dont,it's like you say it all adds up.

No problem,well I would say, get your feet off the ground initially,build up your clients,see what your clients needs are then go from there.

It takes time to get everything you need,some ranges have pigmentation products as part of their range some dont,it's like you say it all adds up.

Thank you very much for the advice. Very kind of you to have taken the time and reply :hug: It,s a good idea like you said instead of diving into everything...i will just wait and see which special treatments could be needed in future. It,s just when you start you want everything untill you add up the numbers and go :eek: hmmm i will have to be a bit more selective :lol:

Hi there

As babs said,the more specific treatments you decide to have the more the numbers go up in money:lol:

Having said that,the more specific you are in your treatment range,the more advantage you have over the competition and can cater to every skin care concern.

Try and find a range that can tick all the boxes,from pigmentation,dryness,oilyness,combination,radiance,a pick me up,and every skin type and condition when it comes to ageing.Some people need to target lines,some need to target slackening and firming,and some just want to get rid of those dehydration lines...there you should have a facial for dehydration.

Dont forget peoples lifestlyes aswell.This can affect the skin greatly,and make sure your skin care treatments can target this.Smokers,stress,the uv rays,pollution,this all ages the skin prematurely,so have a good "all rounder",or a specific treatment for this:hug:

Oh i also forgot alcohol consumption affects the skin...but im trying to combat this myself,:lol::green:

Good luck:hug:

hi,
just reading through your thread, and thought id mention that dermalogica, do treatments for everything you have mentioned proffesionally, and you would be able to customise facials to clients needs adding the required product/s, then instead of creating lots of facials on your price list, describe it as a personal, custom facial, after a skin analasis, and a description of what that means....

dunno if this helps, but good luck xx

liz:hug:

Oh i also forgot alcohol consumption affects the skin...but im trying to combat this myself,:lol::green: => :green: LOL

Thx beauty guru and liz :hug: you are both sweethearts :green:

The range that i use is called Clephar. It,s Belgian and in concept and ranges very much the same as dermatologica. You can really get great results with it and works aswell with face mapping so you can target specifick areas.

Getting all the professional products is still ok but then i realized i have to purchase retail products so customers can continue using them at home untill their next visit for optimal results.:rolleyes:
Do you sell per skintype just the cleanser, lotion and facecream or aswell the masks and serums?

Sorry for all the questions but I really really want to know .
How did you financed the start up costs for your salon.
Luckely i have everything else from my materials for nails, airbrush tanning, pedicure and waxing...*few*

Even though i would love to do facials since i like it so much i thought i should just continue with what i have and save over time to do facials and body treatments or do you guys think it,s a bad idea having a salon for a year and then introducing facials etc... I am affraid that it will look as if i did a fast course and just threw it in allong the way :rolleyes:

would somebody :smack: some sence into this for me ?

I am so happy that a website like this exists because my husband is going nuts from all my questions where he doesn,t has an answer to :lol:

they do all the retail stuff too, the set up cost with them is quite high but i managed to negotiate !!!!! cos im only a small salon. they are well known and recognised, their is loads of bonuses and benefits with having an account with them......so well worth it xxx:lol:

Latest posts

Back