Which files do you recommend?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*sarah*

Pmu Geek
Reaction score
Hi guys, thinking about getting my files from another supplier as not to happy with the CND ones just now. I'm looking for a 240 grit spongey board double sided, and something similar to the white boomerang CND does but double sided as I love it for finishing, but never use the 1200 side of this. Also wondered if anyone thought the 180/100 black grit from designer nails had changed because mine dont seem to be lasting as long as they used to!

xxxx

anyone? lol x

anyone? lol x

I absolutely love IBD files - even though I only apply gel, I find them fantastic even for manicures.
You could contact IBD and ask to purchase a pack of jewel files - which contains 8 files. 2 of each - diamond buffer 220/280 (creates a shine) - emerald file 180/180 (adds a smooth finish) - sapphire file 150/150 (perfect for blending) ruby file 100/100 - (perfect for side wall filing). They are sanitizable and washable. IBD may even offer to send you a sample !!
Just my opinion - Im sure other people will have other opinions. good luck with your hunt for the perfect file. x x x x x

What is you're not happy with. I personally haven't noticed a difference.

Nails Plus Beauty - home page have some fab files....they do the sponge files and the Akzentz files are a dream to use. They have 2 new files 1 is the 240 both sides Akzentz file...and the other is the Akzentz flexi file...(its nice and thin and great for free edge and sidewalls)

thanks ladies I'll certainly give them a try!

What is you're not happy with. I personally haven't noticed a difference.

Hi Becki, I'm just thinking its a bit of a waste of money if I only use 1 side of the file I'd rather have a 240 double sided tbh x

I love my EZ Flow files. They are the best files i have used in the whole four years of doing nails. Everyone has their own favourites, but i find mine to last well, give a good finish, especially their sponge file which is their Sand Shark. It lasts for ages, gets better with age actually and makes it easier to get he mirror finish when their snow monkey is used afterwards.

Hi Becki, I'm just thinking its a bit of a waste of money if I only use 1 side of the file I'd rather have a 240 double sided tbh x

I soooooooooo agree with you on that one. I have thought about it many times aswell that it,s sad that one side goes to waste since i dont use it :rolleyes:
and the 240grit in average wears fast of since it,s so fine

ezflow, ibd and youngs are all similar shaped so are great for getting round cuticle areas etc, and last quite a while but i recently got hold of some nsi and they last AGES!

NSI have brought out some new files, that are great, long lasting.

NSI have brought out some new files, that are great, long lasting.

Couldn't agree more. I absolutely love the NSI Endurance file, good shape and they last a long time, i believe they come in 100/100, 150/150 and 180/180. may be more but these are the ones i have tried, mainly the 180/180 and i have had no problems. As i said i absolutely love them and they do last a long time.

Hi guys, thinking about getting my files from another supplier as not to happy with the CND ones just now. I'm looking for a 240 grit spongey board double sided, and something similar to the white boomerang CND does but double sided as I love it for finishing, but never use the 1200 side of this. Also wondered if anyone thought the 180/100 black grit from designer nails had changed because mine dont seem to be lasting as long as they used to!

xxxx

Hi,
Akzentz has new "spongie" boards in med/fine and med/course. Honestly I think the best files and what we sell the very most of is the Akzentz 100/180 white washable file. They are a really good price for a re-usable file! I would ditch the boomerange and go for a straight file!
Hope that helps!
Amanda

the files I use in AUS are soon going to be available in Ireland, then the UK, they are manufactured in Australia, long lasting and about a quarter of the price of some brands, they also make most of the files in white (no tiny black bits on the desk or in the acrylic) keep your eyes peeled for Illume.

As an example, their gloss buffer (made from exactly the same paper as other well known brands in a kayak shape .... bigger than what you already get are about AUS$1.20) now convert that into your currency and dribble, I only hope the distributors pass the savings down the line.

Hawley Australia (who make Illume apparently make files undercover for a few well known brands) shhhhhhhhhhh.

the files I use in AUS are soon going to be available in Ireland, then the UK, they are manufactured in Australia, long lasting and about a quarter of the price of some brands, they also make most of the files in white (no tiny black bits on the desk or in the acrylic) keep your eyes peeled for Illume.

As an example, their gloss buffer (made from exactly the same paper as other well known brands in a kayak shape .... bigger than what you already get are about AUS$1.20) now convert that into your currency and dribble, I only hope the distributors pass the savings down the line.

Hawley Australia (who make Illume apparently make files undercover for a few well known brands) shhhhhhhhhhh.

very interesting.....

hi nailzoo,
Is there a website we can take a look at please.:)

Latest posts

Back