Which files to buy CND or cheaper Equivalent

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Naily13

Reaction score
Hey geeky friends!

Just wanted to ask what files you guys use please? at the minute i am using CND files which are great,i was talking to a friend and she uses cheaper files like a 240 grit cheaper file where as i use a koala, is there any difference? do you think it is ok to buy a cheaper equivalent file or to use a good named file?what is the difference? thanks!!x

I have to say I have tried all sorts of different files but I've given up now :)

I think you get what you pay for and I always, always go back to CND for my files....I cannot live without my Hotshot :lol:

I agree with the above poster.

All the generic, no-name cheap files I've used were terrible. They say it's 180 but it feels like 80. You get what you pay for.

You have to be careful ... You cannot really buy cheap files that are the equivalent of CND files and buffers.

As mentioned above, cheap files may Say 240 grit on them, but they are not, and at CND we are very careful about only using a gentle 240 grit buffer for natural nail work.

CND files and buffers last the longest of any I have ever used and are easily disinfected.

cnd for regular clients .. they have their own file which i keep with their details
cheaper ones from s2 for pamper parties, let them keep them which they think is a nice touch

I use nsi files but want to move to cnd ones when I re stock, which do people prefer? I need files for l&p and natural nails. I currently brush mine off and spray to sanitise, can that be done with all of the cnd files?

Sorry to hijack thread! ... In answer to your thread, I'd always aim for the best not cheapest and surely the cheap ones need replacing quicker? xXx

Hi everyone! thank you so much for the replys, thats great thank you i will stick to using the CND files, i did think that you get what you pay for,it was just a friend that said about her cheaper ones, i thought too that the CND would last longer, thanks again guys oh how long roughly do you use your files for before changing to a new one, or suppose it will depend on how much it is used wouldnt it? no probs amy dont worry about the hijack ha! its ok as i will learn from what answers they give to you too! thanks geeks x

I'd never used cnd nail files until my shellac training and I LOVE them! I wouldn't use anything else now. I'm very tempted to do some more training with CND even though i'm already qualified because I learnt so much from them on that course.

CND files are great but it used to annoy the hell out of me that they had different grits on each side which meant I would use one side quickly and then have a draw full of files half used as it would take me longer to get through the other side as I didn't need that grit as much.
low files as they have the same grit on both sides so there's no waste. I swear they actually last a bit longer than CND files and I actually love the shape of them too :)

The beauty shed, which do you now use??

hey thanks for the replys! thats great, so the beauty shed,where do you get your low files from then please??! thanks x

Latest posts

Back