Which Form do you use or have used

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
....I need some advise on forms...I've got the reusable type which came with my OPI educational kit but I would like some disposable types...from either Sallies or Dennis Willaims (only need these at the mo so thought best go to a wholesaler, and OSNS is to far)

....so anyone got any recommendations, or ones to avoid...thanks

My advise is do not go for the horse shoe variety!!

They tend to produce horrid flared 'egyptian hat' fan-shaped tips. Yes I know it is possible to 'pinch' but this does put pressure on the nail bed and nail plate and is not always advisable to do ... for competition yes, for everyday not usually necessary if you fit the form right.

You can get forms to hold a c curve in the first place and my advise again is to go for the oblong/rectangular forms. Try not to make them too 'cone' shaped when you fit them as this does not look nice either. There are ways of keeping the barrel of the form straight and true so you get a really fantastic look to the finished sculpt.

I love Performance Teflon Forms but sadly not available in the wholesale stores.

Thanks Geeg.

I was thinking last night about whether I can sculpt one of my clients as she as the biggest thumbs ever (need to use an extra large tip) and I cant help but think I wont find a form to fit her :o do they come in large sizes..

Fab Freak said:
Thanks Geeg.

I was thinking last night about whether I can sculpt one of my clients as she as the biggest thumbs ever (need to use an extra large tip) and I cant help but think I wont find a form to fit her :o do they come in large sizes..
you can cutomise the forms by cutting a bit out so they fit better. the best forms i have ever used are tammy taylor competition forms, they are double thick and come in three shapes to suit all nail types.

angel fingers said:
you can cutomise the forms by cutting a bit out so they fit better. the best forms i have ever used are tammy taylor competition forms, they are double thick and come in three shapes to suit all nail types.
Where can these be purchased?

As Angel Fingers says, you can use your curved scissors to widen or reshape any form to suit the nails you are doing. I have never myself felt any need to buy 3 different types of forms for different nail types ... especialy when I could alter them myself quite easily.

One can do beautiful work with the standard rectangular form which are very sturdy and have been used for years sucessfully by thousands of technicians ... available as you said you wanted from your local whole sale distributor.

Email / PM me Louise and I'll send you a few of the ones I use from NSI. They are great (for me anyway)- I have a tutorial sheet that my tutor gave to me too. That really helped me.

Sam X

Latest posts

Back