Which gel brand do you use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elegant

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'm looking to bring some other gel polish brands into my business to use alongside CND Shellac and am interested in what you all use and why???

tia xxx

I only use CND Shellac and CND Creative Play Gel.

Why? I use Shellac for clients who are really easy on their hands and who do not want to wait 20 minutes to soak off their gels. I use Creative play on people who are REALLY hard on their hands. It will stay but the soak off time is 20 minutes, no questions asked.

The great thing about Creative play is that its really cheap, really shiny, stays on like concrete, and its highly unlikely to cause an allergic reaction because the CND light really cures it.

Other brands cannot cure their gels properly. I've tested this. Opi LED does not cure their gels. When compared side by side with OPI gelcolor and Creative play, OPI has a slight haze to it, which is an indicator that it is not at least 90% cured

I only use CND Shellac and CND Creative Play Gel.

Why? I use Shellac for clients who are really easy on their hands and who do not want to wait 20 minutes to soak off their gels. I use Creative play on people who are REALLY hard on their hands. It will stay but the soak off time is 20 minutes, no questions asked.

The great thing about Creative play is that its really cheap, really shiny, stays on like concrete, and its highly unlikely to cause an allergic reaction because the CND light really cures it.

Other brands cannot cure their gels properly. I've tested this. Opi LED does not cure their gels. When compared side by side with OPI gelcolor and Creative play, OPI has a slight haze to it, which is an indicator that it is not at least 90% cured

I don't think Creative Play gel polish is available in the U.K.? (which is where the OP is based), so unfortunately that would mean CND wouldn't be a suitable one-stop, do-it-all brand.

Have you looked at INK London? I've been using their iLac for nearly a year and have been really impressed. It applies and lasts really well, customer service is great, they have a very supportive Facebook group too and it's very reasonably priced. They produce all their own products and all ingredients are sourced from within the U.K. So don't contain any prohibited substances. They also only sell directly to professionals. X

No surprise here but i use mainly Canni and have done for many years. Reasonably priced, large selection, long lasting and available to most people even those learning who are not yet qualified and unable to get the 'only qualified' brands. ;)

I don't think Creative Play gel polish is available in the U.K.? (which is where the OP is based), so unfortunately that would mean CND wouldn't be a suitable one-stop, do-it-all brand.

I dont see how it can't be available since she already has some shellac.

I dont see how it can't be available since she already has some shellac.

Because it hasn't been released to the UK market as Beautiful-you says.

Well, I live next to a supplier and they have a ton in stock. Most of the salons around here don't use Creative Play or Shellac because they are scared of the CND brand.

Last edited:
Just got some blue sky recommended to me just arrived but not tested it but a few other makes too like gellish but have not yet ordered them.....finding I prefer blue skys colour range but not tested them as a product just yet

Well, I live next to a supplier and they have a ton in stock. Most of the salons around here don't use Creative Play or Shellac because they are scared of the CND brand.

Where?

Hi guys,
I'm looking to bring some other gel polish brands into my business to use alongside CND Shellac and am interested in what you all use and why???

tia xxx

Enailcouture is a new (4 years old) professional nail brand that has just launched in the UK in August 2018 and has amazing gel colours.

Thanks for all your replies xx

I use candy coat, I love it switched from Elite99 to candy coat.

Everyone around me offers Shellac so I wanted to offer an alternative gel brand that lasted more than two weeks, was kind to the natural nail, had a big colour range, was vegan and cruelty free, had a good pedigree and soaked off quick and easy. A tall order!
I chose Bio Sculpture, it ticked all the boxes for me and so far I’ve not been dissapointed in the products. The main down side is that they are relatively expensive, as is the training, but in a weird way that’s been ok because it means less people take it up so there’s not much competition and I’ve found that clients for this are particularly brand loyal.

Everyone around me offers Shellac so I wanted to offer an alternative gel brand that lasted more than two weeks, was kind to the natural nail, had a big colour range, was vegan and cruelty free, had a good pedigree and soaked off quick and easy. A tall order!
I chose Bio Sculpture, it ticked all the boxes for me and so far I’ve not been dissapointed in the products. The main down side is that they are relatively expensive, as is the training, but in a weird way that’s been ok because it means less people take it up so there’s not much competition and I’ve found that clients for this are particularly brand loyal.

You are right Bio Sculpture is very expensive as I use to use them before I start to use Enailcouture gel polish, it AMAZING

I actually love Mega Colour! Its really good value for money and seems to last longer than my gelish and gellux :)

I use gel two, still very early days with me as I’m still getting to know the brand. But it’s a dream to paint with, can be a pain to remove but that will improve with experience :) ... have you decided what you’re going for? Xo

Latest posts

Back