Which Gel Brand?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SZY

Reaction score
Hello,

I have been using CND Shellac and clients are loving it but I find the colour options a bit limited. So I have couple of questions:

What do you think about gel bottle, bio sculpter gel, light elegance, luxio and finally brillbird?

Can I cure these brands with my CND lamp as I don’t have the budget to invest in another lamp at the moment?

Thanks in advance!

Hey!

This thread explains the importance of using the correct lamp with each gel brand.

UV lamps explained - (why any old lamp just won’t do!). UPDATED September 2019

The Gel Bottle/Premier Gel are not safe brands to work with in my opinion. Check out "Nail Tech Awareness" group on Facebook and have a read through the "white bottle" section for tons of information on allergic reactions caused by TGB products and how the brand handled it. I've seen a spike in reactions the past couple of weeks, so prepare yourself for some not so nice pictures....

If you search for any of those brand names on here, you'll find loads of reviews. Bio and LE are reputable. I recommend CJP

Good luck!

What sort of colours are your clients looking for? Shellac has well over 100 shades so perhaps they are looking more for glitter, chrome, neon pigments, rainbow pigments, foil effects etc.
In which case instead of changing to another company, which will be very expensive for you, start stocking from a nail art company such as Lecente. Amazing glitters and foils!
https://lecente.com/

When Shellac was first introduced it was shown with layered colors. That’s why some colors, like Decadence, Rose Brocade and several others are transparent or sheer.
Layering colors expands your selections enormously.

Latest posts

Back