Which gel does everyone use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Louisaxo

Reaction score
Currently starting up my own business. I am qualified in spray tanning so far. On Wednesday I am doing the Gel Nail course and was wondering the best products and polishes. At home I’ve got a lamp but need to find a more professional one and I’ve been using Elite99 polishes. What’s everyone’s opinions?

Although there's mixed opinions on it, I love using Gellux. I also use IBD and Halo :) Bluesky (you can get it on ebay) is also great for starting out :)

When you say gel nails, you mean gel sculpts/overlays/extensions, or gel polish? It's advisable that you get the lamp that goes with the brand/system you will be using either way, otherwise you cannot guarantee there will be no allergic reactions or service breakdown :) I use and like CND Brisa gels and CND Creative Play gel polishes. If you are just doing gel polish on natural nails, then I would recommend CND shellac instead of Creative Play, simply because of the short soak off time. But if you'll do mostly sculpts/extensions, that soak off time doesn't matter anyway. So it depends what you'll be doing most. Gel nails/sculpts etc, or gel polish on natural nails?

I believe you are referring to gel polish. Elite99 is a copycat gel brand of Gelish.

Hello,
Yes I mean gel polish. Sorry didn’t explain it properly.

I would definitely stick to a professional only brand (not Elite99/Bluesky etc) and buy the correct lamp for your system to ensure the best results. There are plenty of good professional brands out there, but it really is down to personal preference. Use the Search Engine here to have a look for inspiration.

Take a look at the Pure nails Halo range, very reasonably priced and fab results and colour choice is amazing [emoji4]

http://bit.ly/2F61hyY Saint Nails. I've used a few brands over the past few years including INK and shellac but just recently i've been converting over to saint Nails Gel polish. The price is great, products perform really well and the colours are lush. They often have special offers on and they offer trial kits to new customers. I've included a link to their sample kit if anyone wants to have a look x

Hi
I can see this is an old post , but how is your tanning & nails going ?
I’m now starting tanning looking into an add on , as I would like to give up the day job x

I don't use Bluesky but that have a pro range now which was available at Pro Beauty.

I use The Gel Bottle Inc.

Latest posts

Back