Which gel polish brand do you prefer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sophiakate

Reaction score
Ive learnt the hard way that mixing lamps with different brands is not ideal and so i was going to switch over to one brand only. I'm completely torn over Gelish or IBD, i love the way IBD applies and find they have a lovely selection of colours, however i use the Gelish 18g LED lamp and so would be better if i could stick to that brand. I love Gelish also and think they have a better selection of colours to IBD but find the polishes go thick very quickly?
what does everyone else think to these two brands and which one do you prefer out of the two?

Hi hannah.

I like gelish,gellux and CND. So quiet a range really. In my kit I have all three brands as I started in August and didn't know which brand to invest money in. I am still torn between them lol. My clients do choose the gelish brands more then the others. Gelish is slightly thicker but I love the colours.

I personally prefer Gelish x

I love gellux x

Ibd but I've never tried others and don't feel the need too

They are both excellent brands, and I don't see the need to choose. I think the days of having one brand are gone. Clients have a variety of needs and if is best to carry a range of products that meet those needs. That said, you should still use the brands in their entirety and not mix. There are so many excellent brands out there - OPI, LeChat, Cuccio, ACG, etc. I prefer to use one hybrid/hybrid base brand like CND Shellac, OPI or Light Elegant and another, usually more durable brand. Because of the difficulty in finding the IBD LED lamp, we contacted AII and they said that both the OPI LED and Gelish 18g were acceptable.

Last edited:
I am in love with the artistic colour gloss gel polish! They have a huge range of colours and the shiniest hard wearing topcoat I've trailed yet!

Latest posts

Back