Which gel polish to use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beauty Be

Reaction score
Hi all. I am looking into taking a uv gel soak off polish course which isn't brand specified but which brands do you recommend to use? I know shellac is very popular and you can charge a little more for them but if my course isn't shellac accredited then can I still use them? Also, what prices can I charge for just gel polish?

Hi all. I am looking into taking a uv gel soak off polish course which isn't brand specified but which brands do you recommend to use? I know shellac is very popular and you can charge a little more for them but if my course isn't shellac accredited then can I still use them? Also, what prices can I charge for just gel polish?

I'm wanting to know the same answers

I use OPI GelColor Lacquer and I did the specific training via Capitail Hair & Beauty. I just looked on their website and they didn't seem to be doing it anymore. I've been shown the Jessica GELaration method and even with the treatments being very similar, I feel more confident with OPI as I know everything I need to know.

I believe if you do a general training course for Gel Lacquers you should be covered to use your chosen brand but as always check with your insurance company.

I use gelish by nail harmony. It has over 100's of colours. It's brilliant.
With regards to price I looked at other mobile techs / salons near me and set my price from there.

Have you thought anything about LED cured? It's a lot quicker than UV? x

www.facebook.com/BootyliciousOxford

why don't you want a brand specific training may i ask? as far as I know you can do gelpolish training and buy shellac from sweet squared but i would reccommend with whatever brand you do use you do a conversion course to learn all the little details about that brand. I know to offer OPI Gelcolor you have to do a course before you can buy the products. but if you already know what gelpolish you want to use I'd go straight to the source! hope this helps

Thank you all for your replies, they have been very helpful. It's not that I don't want to do a branded course, I just thought maybe it would give me more options when it comes to choosing a gel polish. I think I might look deeper and get some reviews on the courses and brands and see which is the best option. Thank you all again x

I use OPI GelColor Lacquer and I did the specific training via Capitail Hair & Beauty. I just looked on their website and they didn't seem to be doing it anymore. I've been shown the Jessica GELaration method and even with the treatments being very similar, I feel more confident with OPI as I know everything I need to know.

I believe if you do a general training course for Gel Lacquers you should be covered to use your chosen brand but as always check with your insurance company.

I was thinking of doing training with Capital hair and beauty the Gellux 1 day workshop. Was your training with them good? x

I was thinking of doing training with Capital hair and beauty the Gellux 1 day workshop. Was your training with them good? x

I have done the Gellux training (last July) the training was good but it was basic & I have learned more doing it my self. Also when I booked my training they told you you would do a set of fingers and a set of toes but we never done any toes! Gellux has been my most profitable treatment since I started. Hth xx

Latest posts

Back