Which gloves are acetone resistant?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lolly22

Reaction score
To use during shellac removals and things. I am using the hands down plastic back pads but they are too linty so I'm giving up on them. They are expensive and the lint drives me crazy.

I use vinyl ones for my waxing and they get holes in them when they touch acetone. Someone said earlier about using latex gloves incase people are allergic so it might not be a good idea to use them.

Anyone know?

I use nitrile powder free and you can get the in loads off colours, I get pink ones :)

Defo Nitrile. Use them all the time when I'm removing Shellac, x

Where is the best place to get nitrile gloves? I want pink ones!!

Where is the best place to get nitrile gloves? I want pink ones!!

I buy mine from capitals. Everyone always comments on how they match my colour scheme of pink & purple :) xx

You can get pink ones from capital :)

I buy mine from capitals. Everyone always comments on how they match my colour scheme of pink & purple :) xx

Snap both at the same time lol

Ok Nitrile it is. That's what I will get then. Thanks so much :)

I use nitrile gloves all the time and acetone always eats through , i've also tried a few brands and nothing seems to be different ,what brand of gloves is everyone else using ? :(

I will watch this thread, as I'm starting out, I need gloves for pedicure, but don't know which ones to get.

I've still to try different gloves but I will pick up nitrile ones next time I'm at Sally's.

Latex are fine, and cost a bit less. I do keep a small box of nitrile, for clients who have a latex allergy. (i only have two.

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

Nitrile gloves from Costco. Never had any probs

I've tried latex and black latex.

Blue nitrile, pink nitrile, and black nitrile.

Nothing seems to be working of recent.

I tested these from a company called Just Gloves ... don't know what to do now.

That is interesting Jacqui. They use the Costco nitrile ones in the hairdressers I work in so I will test then out.

I've just bought some nitrile ones today (think the brand is head gear), will be doing my first removal with them tonight, will report back!

There MUST be a glove out there for us!!!!!

Look forward to test results ladies xx

And if I remember I will try those ones tomorrow, but I'm quite forgetful!

Latest posts

Back