Which gloves are acetone resistant?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use plain old marigolds. I read on here somewhere (was it a tip from Geeg?) that they did the trick and to buy them a size too small, which I did and they are fine!

I use plain old marigolds. I read on here somewhere (was it a tip from Geeg?) that they did the trick and to buy them a size too small, which I did and they are fine!

Gosh Really?

I wear them for washing up and all cleaning etc but would not have thought they were easy enough to wear for nails.

I keep my gloves on right up to the point of paint/shellac/bio but I guess these could go over the top of normal latex/nitrile whilst handling the acetone part of the process.

Hmm, I will ponder ... hmm, I may even try it out tomorrow.

Has anyone tried the Costco heavy duty nitrile gloves instead of the regular Costco nitrile gloves. the regular ones leaks acetone and is irritating my finger tipes. they become dry and cracked and the nail tip separates from the nail bed causing burning sensation when I get my hands wet. I heard latex gloves would prevent leaks but trying to avoid developing allergy from latex.

Has anyone used the Costco heavy duty nitrile gloves and how it holds up to acetone.
I used the regular costco nitrile gloves and it leaks through causing irritation to my finger tips causing dryness and separation for the nail from the nail bed. When it gets wet it stings.

I am trying to avoid using latex gloves to avoid allergy to latex

Latest posts

Back