Which Hair Straighteners?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhailey@tiscali

Reaction score
My wife has started doing mobile after years of working in salons.
she is steadily building up a nice customer base. she has been asked numerous times if she can get ghds. so she spoke to ghd rep who wont let her buy them as she does not own a salon. with all fakes coming in from china she only wants to supply authentic ones but cannot get her hands on them!!Have any of you come across the same problem? Is there any body out there who could supply her? she reckons that going by the enquiries she has had she could sell them with no problems. Anybody help??
Also open to recommendations as to which other brands would be worth looking at.

My wife has started doing mobile after years of working in salons.
she is steadily building up a nice customer base. she has been asked numerous times if she can get ghds. so she spoke to ghd rep who wont let her buy them as she does not own a salon. with all fakes coming in from china she only wants to supply authentic ones but cannot get her hands on them!!Have any of you come across the same problem? Is there any body out there who could supply her? she reckons that going by the enquiries she has had she could sell them with no problems. Anybody help??
Also open to recommendations as to which other brands would be worth looking at.

Hi. I used to use GHD's until my boyfriend bought me some T3's - I adore them, they have a variable temp, and have never let me down. Not cheap mind you, but a fab fab product that is well known due to them often being in celeb mags.

Best of luck :)

I loved my ghds unfortunately they broke 2 days before I was going to work in greece 2.5 years ago. no time to send them back I went into Sallys and was speaking to the lady in there - she recommended FHI's. I've never looked back I love them. They have a temperature gauge and even better they are baby pink to match my bedroom.

Hope that helps hun xxx

Hi,

I use kodo hair straightner's there quite expensive but well worth the money!!

Hope this is of some help!! :)

I've got a set of ghd's, but when i go to my hair salon, they use Corioliss straighteners and you can get them from Sallys.
to me they are just as good and there are lots of different ones.

deb x

Last edited:
Ghds all the way!!! the new ones come with a dvd 2, years garantee and turn off if not used for i think 15mins so you cant blow anything up!! (he he) they straighten any hair including my friends afro hair. I love these straightners!!!!:lol:

Nothing, nothing, nothing is like ghd. I have wasted so much money in the past, spending £40, £60 etc on other brands but they have all been binned since buying my ghd's last year, and only two weeks ago I bought the slightly wider ones. This is the site I went on:

The Official ghd ™ UK and Worldwide Website - ghdhair.com - A new religion for hair

I just phoned them up and paid for them over the phone with my visa card. I'm not a hairdresser or anything but they were happy to send them, and I was very impressed, they arrived the very next day. :)

There is a male geek on here trying to think of his name and his company do sell the official ghd's :)
Found it it was Jonathan c.

Nothing, nothing, nothing is like ghd. I have wasted so much money in the past, spending £40, £60 etc on other brands but they have all been binned since buying my ghd's last year, and only two weeks ago I bought the slightly wider ones. This is the site I went on:

The Official ghd ™ UK and Worldwide Website - ghdhair.com - A new religion for hair

I just phoned them up and paid for them over the phone with my visa card. I'm not a hairdresser or anything but they were happy to send them, and I was very impressed, they arrived the very next day. :)
I got mine from here on a special offer, included free postage, free heat mat and free GHD heat defence spray,
sorry we are not allowed to put prices on the site but they were a real bargain,
if she was to buy a few sets when the offers are on she would still make a profit hth
if you want to know the price send me a PM and i will let you know it :hug:

i always swore by ghd's and wouldn't use anything else until i was introduced to t3's. in my opinion they are better than ghd's. ghd's tend to snag on the hair and show up your split ends but the t3's are much gentler and work much better. my daughter borrowed my t3's and then i had to buy her a pair as well!! :)

Kodo's for me, never had a minutes trouble with them and still look as good as the day i bought them a year ago. I have the pink ones:green:

FHIs for me too, really great straighteners with variable heat dial up to 232 degrees and they are tourmaline, which are kinder to the hair, also can be used on damp hair. Mine are black with a red plate. I previously had ceramic and after changing to these I definately can say these are the better ones for me! My sis in law has GHDs and asked me to straighten her hair with them a couple of times and her hair is very thick and curly and to be honest I didnt like them much, I know a lot of people swear by them but after using them I will stick to mine!

Last edited:
I love my GHD's, i have bought cheaper ones in the past, but would never go back. If she has proof that she is mobile, ie insurance documents, would they not accept them as proof she is mobile and that she would be selling them to her clients ?

I bought a paid of SHE medium sized while saving up for new GHDs... they are GHD, but un-branded. ebay.

i always swore by ghd's and wouldn't use anything else until i was introduced to t3's. in my opinion they are better than ghd's. ghd's tend to snag on the hair and show up your split ends but the t3's are much gentler and work much better. my daughter borrowed my t3's and then i had to buy her a pair as well!! :)

I am with you on the T3s! I always used my friend's GHDs and thought they were good (except the snagging bit!) but T3s GLIIIIIIIIIDE SO much better! Definitely worth the money :)

Thanks for everyone -for taking the time to reply.
Cheers

hi
i have tried:
ghds mk4 ok but do snag
t3 - the best silky smooth!! (on offer at the mo pm me )
fhi's great value for money if you can't afford t3's get these
kodo's we sell them i would NEVER recommend them to anyone!!!!!!
By the way the rumours are that ghds are going mainstream (non salon exclusive )
hope this helps

Hi
Somone earlier mentioned a member with a website, glad to help anyone who needs advice by pm, we stock nearly all brands so are impartial

FHI's are just as good and you can get them from Capital Hair & Beauty!

Latest posts

Back