Which hair technique gives you "the fear"?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siobrennan

Reaction score
just wondering what strikes fear into you? If any, you might all be cool cats ;)

for me its under-cutting super thick hair to take bulk out as I have never done it ever, and people who want red and blonde hilights at the same time.........

Up-dos/hair-up. >_<

Everything at the moment! lol

Can't think of anything, being self employed if there was something I didn't like doing I just wouldn't do it :-D

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek

What a great thread my dear!!

Not a hell of a lot. Since going freelance 3 years ago, I think I've tackled most obstacles with lots of practice.

It use to be hair ups, I like to think I've cracked that one now.
And also super short clipper cuts 0/1 grades, fading up... Blended, no lines on DARK DARK hair!
Lots of practice sorted that one.

But now I think it's these new braided techniques that stump me, waterfall and Dutch braids etc.
I've had YouTube up and the headblock out... We had many fallings out!
This should come easy to me, and it doesn't which is highly frustrating, when I can successfully do a French/scalp plait!!

x x

A client coming in with box colour XXL un black and asking to go platinum lol

Colour correction scares the pants off me. I love all of hairdressing but that just gives me a headache, all the thinking of what to do and what colours to tone with! And hoping and praying things turn out right.
X
Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Nothing here either , but Ive got 26yrs experience . However that doesn't mean i know everything , just im pretty confident ;-) xx

I would of loved to have had you as a boss persianista!x

Hairdressers normally enjoy working with me.
I can truthfully say there is no aspect of Caucasian hairdressing that I can't do well. Mind you, if I ain't got the hang of it by now, we're all in trouble!!

Hairdressers normally enjoy working with me.
I can truthfully say there is no aspect of Caucasian hairdressing that I can't do well. Mind you, if I ain't got the hang of it by now, we're all in trouble!!
Can you come and live in my head please persianista lol x

Hair ups although I just need more practice and I will be fine its just lack of experiance

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Its def colour correction which I have to do very soon My client has alot of black in mid lengths and ends.it will be a challenge to achieve the desired shade of auburn red. At least its not a platinum blond ;)

Its def colour correction which I have to do very soon My client has alot of black in mid lengths and ends.it will be a challenge to achieve the desired shade of auburn red. At least its not a platinum blond ;)

Just be honest with your client, let them know its a slow unpredictable change they're going through.
And do test pieces :-D xx

Colour correction also ! Only 3 years experience so will get there hopefully

Just be honest with your client, let them know its a slow unpredictable change they're going through.
And do test pieces :-D xx
Couldnt agree more ;-) xx

When i do colour correction , i always do a thorough consultation. I ask the clients history of their hair (what colours they have on did they do it etc).
I then ask them what they are trying to achieve , if im unsure i get pictures from Ipad / magazines .
I then carry out a skin test , and a strand test . I never ever over promise , i explain what will happen (the process) . For example i had a client in last friday for a consultation, she has a build up of colour around a base 5 , did skin test and strand test , my client is naturally around 80% white and shes fedup with the root , she brought in a pic of the colour she would like to achieve . It was basically going back to her natural root colour with lowlights in it . I explained i couldnt achieve the colour she required for quite some time . I explained what i could do and what the end result would look like , i asked her if she understood everything i talked about , didnt want her to be disillusioned . I then explained to her what i was going to do , cleanse the hair to around a 7 , as this was the maximum i could cleanse out to, i knew the depth as i held the swatch up against the colour chart to make sure it was a 7 . She was abit concerned about the orange tone of her strand test but i stressed i would tone the orange . She instantly relaxed . I then said that she could come back to salon in two weeks time for lots of Hls to lighten , but again i stressed it still wouldnt look like the picture she showed me , i said again it would take a few gos to get to where she wants to end up, but we would get there eventually. Because my client understood everything and i didnt over promise she felt reassured and booked . She mentioned to me that she had been to a few salons and none of them were quite as thorough . Hth xx

Latest posts

Back