Which hairdryer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Solohair

Reaction score
Which hairdryers are best? I currently use Parlux which I find great. Would be interested to know if anyone has any preference or recommendations.

Not a hair geek but have seen this discussed a couple times lately, I know Parlux was one of the most mentioned, have you done a search? X

I have to stick to parlux because of my wrists, I do however use a Tigi pro one when clients come in for blowdry class, these sell really well because of price x

I have a parlux but find it really quite heavy? Great dryer but not the lightest x

I have a parlux but find it really quite heavy? Great dryer but not the lightest x

Which one u got? I stick to 3200 x

Yes on previous discussions it looks like Parlux is the favourite. Only disappointment with my Parlux is that I bought a red one and after a years use the colour has rubbed off it on the handle! Still a great dryer and does a great job but looks very scruffy and worn out in my salon! Maybe I should go for ones in the moulded black next time rather than the spray coloured ones. Have had a few comments off customers suggesting my dryers look worn out so it obviously doesn't go unnoticed!

Yes on previous discussions it looks like Parlux is the favourite. Only disappointment with my Parlux is that I bought a red one and after a years use the colour has rubbed off it on the handle! Still a great dryer and does a great job but looks very scruffy and worn out in my salon! Maybe I should go for ones in the moulded black next time rather than the spray coloured ones. Have had a few comments off customers suggesting my dryers look worn out so it obviously doesn't go unnoticed!

Only thing if say with black are you can see the grey sort of coloured product gunk and build on the handle... That make sense? I've got a red on and yes it's starting to go the same way, what happened to the black plastic hand cushion that used to be on them?

Yes Blue, bit of a design fault really and yes I know what you mean about product build up on the black. Am going to salon international tomorrow so will mention it to them! Might even take mine to show them! Great dryer otherwise though x

My 3200! 6/7 years old. Must be the anti wrinkle cream keeping it looking young xoxo

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350064911.960615.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350064911.960615.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 129
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350064930.476210.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350064930.476210.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 127
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350064980.686092.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1350064980.686092.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 139
I have Parlux and they are ace. I have 3 Collexia dryers too which are lighter and you can insert treatment cartridges in them to blow dry conditioner in to the hair. Kate Middleton has them all the time apparantly....?
Theyre good, treatments are lush, but the drying power isnt as pokey as the Parlux
xxxx

Intrigued. How much do you charge for this? Have regular blow dry clients seen an improvement?

I love my Parlux Iv had the silver now got purple

I have a diva one. Not too heavy and it's powefull

I have a diva one. Not too heavy and it's powefull

So do i i love it x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I have Parlux and they are ace. I have 3 Collexia dryers too which are lighter and you can insert treatment cartridges in them to blow dry conditioner in to the hair. Kate Middleton has them all the time apparantly....?
Theyre good, treatments are lush, but the drying power isnt as pokey as the Parlux
xxxx

So how does this work? Is it to replace conditioning treatments or just for that extra boost after a normal shampoo and condition? Xoxo

It works by using the heat from the dryer to open the cuticle, then little particles from the cartridge get blown in then sealed by using a cold shot. It only lasts one or two shampoos but its great for clients who want a lunch break blow and treat. I only charge an extra £7.50 on top of the cost of the blow dry. Clients like it, it makes the hair silkier and more shiney and they smell awesome.
xxxx

Worth looking into thank you

They will probably be a stand at Salon Int this weekend. I paid £90 for each of mine, Ill bet theyre doing deals
xx

I'm looking to get a replacement (for Xmas) for my Babyliss weighs half a tonne college training dryer - not sure what product number it is off the top of my head. It's powerful but really heavy and not helping me get to grips with my drying.

I think this is the newer version of the one I have.... BaByliss Pro / Pro Max

I know Parlux seem to be the hair geeks choice (am also watching with interest the GHD Air thread)

I see the Parlux 3200 is really popular - but is it fairly lightweight?

I see they do a 3500 which is really compact too, has anyone tried this one? Or would you recommend one with a longer nozzle to do the hair under the nozzle thingy?

Babyliss also do some kind of super-dooper Formula 1 type dryer Volare 1 and Volare 2, which does look nice. Anyone tried these?

I use the compact one its perfect for me & I think I would struggle to use anything bigger now xx

Latest posts

Back