Which is best strip and hot wax brand?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holisticvix

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm slightly overwhelmed by the amount of different wax brands and sometimes significant difference in price. I've recently qualified in waxing and would like something of nice quality but not a total rip off. What do people recommend? Many thanks

I use a brand called Just Wax from salon services. I've tried a few of the more expensive brands and i've settled on this one. My clients love it, its great on sensitive skins and its so affordable! The lavender one is my favorite.

I have just had an intimate wax and she had some just wax to trial. I found it was dragging my skin and more painful, she then switched to outback which was a bit better and felt kinder in the skin but I personally use cockney rebel which is a Kim lawless brand.

I second Cockney Rebel for intimate. It sets quickly, doesn’t break and smells fantastic!

I loooooooove Berodin for a hot/flex wax! I’ve had lots of compliments on it from clients too!
I’m still experimenting with warm waxes although heard very good things about Berodin’s soft waxes .. it’s just the cost that puts me off

I'm baffled about the price variation and selection too. A few years ago I ran a waxing Groupon offer and bought lots of different strip wax to try. I found some waxes were trickier than others, and some glided on thin whilst others were more expensive in wax costs. I guess it depends on your waxing style. In then end I settled on an inexpensive vegan product which has natural ingredients. I find it less sensitising for clients and very economical in use.

For hot wax I use outback organics which I find very economical in use and my clients love its feel, aroma, natural products and ethical back story (or maybe my enthusiasm for the brand!). I get roughly 8-10 intimates to 500g which is better than a lot of other brands. It does need training though, I went to some training demos at beauty shows and paid for their training course when they restarted offering training.

I am open to other waxes though - for me, I'd be interested in a wax that gave me a thorough but speedy job. I struggle to do an intimate in less than 30 minutes from client arrival to payment. If I could get that down to 20 mins I could fit in another wax an hour which would be awesome - great for ladies booking a lunchtime wax and good for my profit too.

I'm baffled about the price variation and selection too. A few years ago I ran a waxing Groupon offer and bought lots of different strip wax to try. I found some waxes were trickier than others, and some glided on thin whilst others were more expensive in wax costs. I guess it depends on your waxing style. In then end I settled on an inexpensive vegan product which has natural ingredients. I find it less sensitising for clients and very economical in use.

For hot wax I use outback organics which I find very economical in use and my clients love its feel, aroma, natural products and ethical back story (or maybe my enthusiasm for the brand!). I get roughly 8-10 intimates to 500g which is better than a lot of other brands. It does need training though, I went to some training demos at beauty shows and paid for their training course when they restarted offering training.

I am open to other waxes though - for me, I'd be interested in a wax that gave me a thorough but speedy job. I struggle to do an intimate in less than 30 minutes from client arrival to payment. If I could get that down to 20 mins I could fit in another wax an hour which would be awesome - great for ladies booking a lunchtime wax and good for my profit too.

I do like Berodin for this. It dries quick and you can apply it in large areas. (Even do legs with it) that might help with time if you can find a wax like that!

What strip wax do you like?

I buy mine from salon serve. It's embarrassingly inexpensive, but the company have one or two really good quality products made for them as private label. (Their lash tint is another favourite of mine - it's a German brand)

I'll look into Berodin. Thanks for the tip

Lycon wax is amazing

Thanks for all the replies folks.

I love Lycon too, but I haven't trained with them so can't get the account.

I've got some Outback Organics to try (although I'm not really sure how many organic ingredients are in the product?!). Perron Rigot and Harley have also sent samples.

I didn't come across Berodin, I'll look into that - thank you

I used to use PR but am using Kim Lawless wax now. I like them both but am sticking with Kim’s as the price and delivery are good, it sets quickly and doesn’t snap and I love the smell and colour. Definitely worth buying the best quality wax you can.

Are Kim Lawless waxes vegan?

Latest posts

Back