Which is better-CJP or Acrylink?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saraf

Reaction score
Hello, I currently use CND acrylic and have done for 14 years. I have tried acrylink and for most it is fine but on a few clients there are lifting issues. I've read a lot of techs are changing to cjp and wondered if anyone has used cjp and acrylink and what their opinions and preferences are on both.
Thank you

Hello, I currently use CND acrylic and have done for 14 years. I have tried acrylink and for most it is fine but on a few clients there are lifting issues. I've read a lot of techs are changing to cjp and wondered if anyone has used cjp and acrylink and what their opinions and preferences are on both.
Thank you
I used both and prefer cjp. Acrylink was far too slow setting for me and no real colour choice available.
Filing is very similar for both systems

Cinderella I just ordered the slow setting one since I'm a new tech. How slow are they to set?

Cinderella I just ordered the slow setting one since I'm a new tech. How slow are they to set?
I've only used it when it was very warm so to be honest I'm not that sure.
See how you get on with it and if you find it not that easy to work with then try the master monomer. Lots of new techs prefer it.
It gives the appearance of starting to set however you still have time to work with it without it running into sidewalks etc.
It is different to other systems and the bead will look too dry in comparison to what you used before.

Oh OK. Thank you. Mine cures wayyyyy to fast. So I have to keep filing the bulk off. Too time consuming

Oh OK. Thank you. Mine cures wayyyyy to fast. So I have to keep filing the bulk off. Too time consuming
That's normal though and just part of learning to work with it. Acrylic is difficult to master and takes lots of practice.
What did you train with?

And it is time consuming however in the early days if you're good with a file you can still do good nails while you get experience and practice application

I trained with CND. But our teacher did make us do enough I think. We could practice on what we wanted most of the time. I mostly did dips since it was easier. Lol.

Acrylic usually takes a lot of practice until you feel confident and can do sets that need only a quick buff afterwards.

I trained with CND. But our teacher did make us do enough I think. We could practice on what we wanted most of the time. I mostly did dips since it was easier. Lol.
Heidi where did you do your training? When you say practise on what you wanted... was that coatings etc... the foundation course has a total 5/6 day route that all CND EA's follow to a T. Just interested because the above doesn't sound like us?

Latest posts

Back