Which is more profitable for you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samanthaattard

Reaction score
Just a curious question to therapists . What treatment do you find more profitable, waxing or massage ?

Massage costs less per treatment. But i can earn more in a hour waxing, then i can massage. Plus waxing is more popular. So for me waxing is far more profitable. x

Massage costs less per treatment. But i can earn more in a hour waxing, then i can massage. Plus waxing is more popular. So for me waxing is far more profitable. x

Totally agree x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Waxing! It's more likely that a client would want to maintain their waxing treatment, in comparison to having a massage in the same period. If you invest in good training for waxing, you will reap the benefits. Show clients you care and you are competent, they will surely return. Or as I always tell myself, think like a client....x

I think waxing as more popular xxx

Massage is without doubt my most profitable treatment (now that I have finally paid off the loan I took out to do my deep tissue course!).

It is hard work though, and I always feel I have earnt every single penny! Plus you really need to limit how many massages you do per day, for your own health & well being.
I have realized my limit is 4 full body massages per day, any more than that and I'm too tired and my arms start to ache.

If you are good at it, massage can be very popular. I have a good few regulars for massage, women for Swedish, men for deep tissue. Advertise in gyms etc.

I am in the process of cutting out treatments. I hope to one day offer only massage based treatments, but for now I'm keeping waxing, spray tans & natural nail treatments on my price list too!

I'm mobile and have only been s/e 18 months so still building my business. Hth

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Intimate waxing is very lucrative if you use a good product and are trained well. I trained with Kim and after lots of recommendations on a local facebook ladies page I'm inundated with Brazilians👍👍👍

Cloughters

Can I ask how long it took to build your client base for Brazilians. I trained with Kim for intimate waxing and in 3 days I've had 12 enquiries :)
X

I am well trained and I have trained with Kim , I was just curious as I am very busy with massage and wondering when I can squeeze waxing in after a long day , maybe i should set aside one day a week purely to wax

Cloughters

Can I ask how long it took to build your client base for Brazilians. I trained with Kim for intimate waxing and in 3 days I've had 12 enquiries :)
X

I just looked on my Ovatu bookings and it looks like I've had 77 customers for Braz/Hollywood/G String since I trained last November.

Wow that's fantastic, can I ask if your salon based? What do you charge for Brazillian/Hollywood? The going rate in my area is between-£33-£41.50.

Thanks x

Wow that's fantastic, can I ask if your salon based? What do you charge for Brazillian/Hollywood? The going rate in my area is between-£33-£41.50.

Thanks x

I charge £30 for Brazilian and £35 for Hollywood.

Thanks x

Forgot to say I have a salon at home, it used to be the garage and it's now a room with an ensuite wet room which I use for spray tanning.

Latest posts

Back