Which is the best acrylic for beginners?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheyenne

Reaction score
For the past few years I have been practicing nails on and off and haven’t gotten really far, but recently I decided to give it another shot and be serious about it this time around. I have been practicing with the OPI Competition acrylic system that someone recommended to me a while back. I am beyond frustrated because I cannot get the right consistency for the life of me. My beads are too wet and idk why. I have watched so many tutorials and read so many things on bead consistency. I am practicing on the Tammy Taylor acrylic worksheets and I am using all of the techniques I was taught and it still isn’t right. Every time I lay the bead down, after a few seconds it runs and the bead goes flat. I know the consistency should be almost like clay so it can be manipulated on the nail. Is there a more beginner friendly system that I can learn to use? PS: I always get acrylic in my brush (I have a feeling my beads are too wet). No matter how much liquid I take off the brush it still seems to be too wet. Also what are some good ways to practice L&P ratio?

Latest posts

Back