Which is the best nail adhesive to use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elliebabes33

Reaction score
Hiya its me (the pest!) again lol!:) can you recommend a good nail glue please?

Hi It is called adhesive lol and I use CND Gelbond . :)

I like brush on adhesives. NSI's is good, but my favourite to date is Young Nail's. It's the fastest I've used so far. :)

I love Star Nails Miracle Glue sets in seconds x

I don't use CND Acrylic but I do use their GelBond glue. I've found it to be the best i've tried. I like the one that has a pink tint to it so it is easy to see where you are putting it.

Glues and adhesives are not the same thing....a glue is derived from plant or animal and has low strength and tends to disolve easily in warm water.

We do not use glues...we use advanced adhesives with superior strength.
It is important to understand this and therefore use the correct terminology.

I also use CND Gel Bond.

can you put the CND GelBond straight onto skin, for like applying false nails direct to the nail bed where there is no nail?

can you put the CND GelBond straight onto skin, for like applying false nails direct to the nail bed where there is no nail?

How in hell would u do that?! I have a lot of trouble picturing it.. Directly on the skin??

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SalonGeek

Yes, you can use Gelbond directly on the skin as it is a medical grade adhesive.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SalonGeek mobile app

Adhesives from reputable companies are cosmetic quality and any product classed as a cosmetic should be safe for the skin (with relevant warnings of course). True medical quality is very expensive and must be sterile etc etc but good nail adhesives are as close to that as possible.

As to the best one to use, it depends on the job it needs to do and personal preference. Very thin adhesives are usually faster and great for a smooth nail plate that has a perfect contact with the tip. Thicker adhesives are good to fill up and cushion the irregularities on the nail plate.

Some people prefer to use a thicker adhesive as there is less chance of air bubbles. So a thicker adhesive, like Gel Bond, would be perfect for replacing a lost nail (as long as there is no allergy to the cyanoacrylate)

Yes you can. CND Gelbond is cosmetic grade and safe to do so

Latest posts

Back