Which is the most hard wearing soak off hard gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharny

Reaction score
I am in the process of trying to decide whether to offer acrylics or hard gel, I am swaying towards gel as my clients seem to prefer it and also i can't handle the smell from acrylic and all the filing. Advice from those who have offered both acrylic and gel on which is the hardest wearing and are any of the soak off hard gels as hard wearing as the buff off ? X

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi Hun, to my knowledge hard gel can't be soaked off; it has to be filed xx

I use brisa lite sculpting on myself and get at least three weeks with no lifting or chipping, I have incredibly weak bendy nails and have never been able to keep anything on as well as I have been able to with brisa lite sculpting.

I use Calgel. Soaks off in no time and is really hard wearing. 3 weeks with no chipping or lifting and seen clients with it on for 6 weeks and still perfect.

bio sculpture is great, there are different strengths of gel that you tailor to your clients nails. X

I use Brisa Lite Sculpting gel for gel enhancements and it always lasts really well as long as they are not super long x

Thank you looks like quite a few soak off hard gels to choose from, are any of them led curable? x

Brisa Lite is UV only as far as I know, not sure about the other two although I thought that both calgel and bio sculpture were both soft gels?

Calgel isn't led curable at the moment. Just uv

So did I ? X

Brisa Lite is UV only as far as I know, not sure about the other two although I thought that both calgel and bio sculpture were both soft gels?

Bio sculpture have different treatment gels available, they have very soft, to flexible to hard, with some others in between!

O'NINE UK Tri gel is a fab hard gel, is led curable and soaks off. The best bit about the brand is it's 100% solvent free and Eco friendly, the nail cleanser and remover contain no chemicals check them out http://www.onineuk.com/

This does sound pretty good, does anyone else have any info on this brand? X

This does sound pretty good, does anyone else have any info on this brand? X

I use O'Nine and I love it.. its lovely to work with, led to so it's quick! I use it for sculpting and find it fab.. I also use Calgel which I can't fault, the IZ gel is led or uv, very strong, my clients never have any lifting problems..x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I use O'Nine and I love it.. its lovely to work with, led to so it's quick! I use it for sculpting and find it fab.. I also use Calgel which I can't fault, the IZ gel is led or uv, very strong, my clients never have any lifting problems..x

That's great thanks, sorry but what is IZ gel? X

That's great thanks, sorry but what is IZ gel? X

Sorry, it's clear gel from Calgel, can be used with any gel system..x

Sorry, it's clear gel from Calgel, can be used with any gel system..x

Thanks hun x

Iz gel is good or gum gel is soak off by crystal nails x

Acrylic is very strong compared to hard gel (I use file-off only so far). However, gels are getting stronger, and you can always make it a little thicker for those clients who crack off bits of their nails. It really depends on the client and what they do. It's exhausting always having to explain to my clients that, "yes, you have to take care of your nails or you're going to break them, or the gel polish will chip much sooner than 3 weeks"... "yes, you need to use cuticle oil", "yes you need to wear gloves when you garden", "yes, biting your cuticles is gross and causing you to have ragged cuticles", "yes, you need to clean under your nails everyday, especially after you eat with your fingers!" :eek: Ok, went off track, for a second...
I like both gel and acrylic. One day I may just do gel but I still have acrylic clientele so I'll offer both. I love that gel doesn't require so much filing, but it's not the best option for some of my clients who are super tough on their nails and expect to be able to refinish furniture without having any nails break, chip or discolor... seriously? c'mon! :grr:

Acrylic is very strong compared to hard gel (I use file-off only so far). However, gels are getting stronger, and you can always make it a little thicker for those clients who crack off bits of their nails. It really depends on the client and what they do. It's exhausting always having to explain to my clients that, "yes, you have to take care of your nails or you're going to break them, or the gel polish will chip much sooner than 3 weeks"... "yes, you need to use cuticle oil", "yes you need to wear gloves when you garden", "yes, biting your cuticles is gross and causing you to have ragged cuticles", "yes, you need to clean under your nails everyday, especially after you eat with your fingers!" :eek: Ok, went off track, for a second...
I like both gel and acrylic. One day I may just do gel but I still have acrylic clientele so I'll offer both. I love that gel doesn't require so much filing, but it's not the best option for some of my clients who are super tough on their nails and expect to be able to refinish furniture without having any nails break, chip or discolor... seriously? c'mon! :grr:

Lol, i know what you mean! x

Latest posts

Back