Which kind of facial?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheekychick

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm a nail geek, but I trained in basic facials on my beauty course over 3 years ago. But my passion was with nails so I ventured into that and haven't bothered with facials since.

I'm hoping for some help as to which facial to go for.
My t zone is really dry & a bit flaky but lately I've been having breakouts of random large spots.
And at the age of 28 I think I should have this under control by now 😁
Which kind of facial would you recommend that would help me?
My confidence is in bits at the moment.
:(

I started eating better 2 months ago & going to the gym & drinking lots of water.
I rarely have anything fatty to eat so I know it isn't that.

Also if there are any geeks near dagenham in essex that I could come and see or are mobile that would be a bonus! Lol
Thanks in advance
Sam xx

Hello, sorry to hear you are not feeling very confident, don't worry, it sounds like your skins current condition will only be temporary!

If you have been eating more fruit and veg and drinking more fluids lately than you have been previously the spots could be a good sign as toxins are leaving your body. I wouldn't worry about these as they should disappear before long.

It sounds like you may benefit from a nice moisturising facial. I am a big fan of Liz Earle skincare products so I would recommended checking out those products for your daily skincare routine. I have dry skin and I swear by them.

For a facial, perhaps try Elemis Exotic Moisture Dew. They also do a lovely one called Herbal Lavender Repair to rebalance the skin but I would tackle the dryness first if that is your main concern.

I hope this may be of some help.

Best wishes xx

P.s: I am a huge fan of good old Sudocrem for spots. I would recommend putting that on any spots when you go to bed, it really helps to clear them up.

Xx

Hello, sorry to hear you are not feeling very confident, don't worry, it sounds like your skins current condition will only be temporary!

If you have been eating more fruit and veg and drinking more fluids lately than you have been previously the spots could be a good sign as toxins are leaving your body. I wouldn't worry about these as they should disappear before long.

It sounds like you may benefit from a nice moisturising facial. I am a big fan of Liz Earle skincare products so I would recommended checking out those products for your daily skincare routine. I have dry skin and I swear by them.

For a facial, perhaps try Elemis Exotic Moisture Dew. They also do a lovely one called Herbal Lavender Repair to rebalance the skin but I would tackle the dryness first if that is your main concern.

I hope this may be of some help.

Best wishes xx

Thank you for your reply :)
My skin has always been a bit sensitive & on the dry side. I've tried lots of at home products and persevered but nothing has really made a difference to me :(
I have sudocrem so will use that tonight & for the next couple of days to see if it helps.
Think its a matter of seeing which salons offer what near to where I live.
Thanks again xx

What's your current skincare? Like nails, the aftercare of your skin is as important as tue the treatment x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

What's your current skincare? Like nails, the aftercare of your skin is as important as tue the treatment x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm currently using a clarins cleanser & toner for sensitive skin after taking advice from the counter staff. And I use a day & night cream. Also use a gentle facial scrub twice a week.
I'm Willing to put the time in & continue with products at home. Xx

If you go to a professional they will give you a consultation and tell you what facial you need. They will also look at your skin under a mag lamp, disuss your history of skin problems and tell you your skin type. If you're having breakouts your skin is producing excess oils and therefore not dry (lacking in oils) - the flakiness will be due to dehydration (lacking in water). This will explain why you have not had much luck with homecare as you've been using products for the wrong condition. If however it is truly a sensitive skin type (which may not be the case) the only facial you should be having is one for sensitive skin. I would need to look at your skin to tell you though :) I would go to a salon where they insist on a full consultation for first time clients.

Hi cheeky chick :) I've recently trained in Dr Murad facials and can honestly say I've never before seen instant results like I have with these facials! They amaze me everytime! All their facials are designed to treat problems not necessarily a certain skin type, a good all rounder would be the AHA rapid exfoliating facial, although if you can locate a Murad salon I'm sure they would do a thorough consultation. A glycolic peel would really help with your dry flaky patches while treating blemishes, its basically a really deep exfoliation :) I can't rave about Murad enough at the minute haha, good luck xx

Latest posts

Back