which l&p system is best???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What L&P Brand is your favourite?

• Creative Nail Design

Votes: 324 54.1%
  • EZ Flow

Votes: 87 14.5%
  • OPI

Votes: 18 3.0%
  • Tammy Taylor

Votes: 11 1.8%
  • Odyssey

Votes: 12 2.0%
  • Star

Votes: 4 0.7%
  • NSI

Votes: 58 9.7%
  • Young Nails

Votes: 21 3.5%
  • Alida

Votes: 8 1.3%
  • Other

Votes: 56 9.3%

• Total voters
gotta be CND :hug:

Teena_B said:
at Excel I bought a try me kit of EzFlow pink powder, white powder, and small liquid for £5. Bargain,

!!!!! i got an ezflow trial kit from the GMEX thing last year...was £3!! same stuff

this is difficult to answer as I have only tried a few, and that was samples.

I use Creative, chose them as when I was a 'client' rather than a tech, most of the places I got my nails done were CND, and some others that I tried out lifted alot more..

I did my training with Creative but have recently converted to Ez flow, I wasn't sure what to expect with the products, but I'm really happy and I'm finding Ezflow easier to use:)

i use young nails xxx L&P, love it self leveling and quick drying not too quick though you have plenty of time. not much filing needed either.

Nafia said:
I like different systems for different things

I'm going to agree with this statement.......I use Creative mostly but depends on the system and the project that lay ahead.....

i am switching to creatives products after trying quite a few different products can anyone tell me what l&p stands for :green:

means liquid and powder :)

I love working with "Entity", they realy have great products. I also work with "Abc Nailstore", but this a german product line.

I tried creative, but it's not the perfect powder for me. I worke verry wet (is that correct?) and the creativepowder is loosing to fast stability. I hope you know what I mean, it's hard to describe.

Hey Geeg thanks for the info on CND

Saying that... If you were to use EZ Flow... then I would only use their system for PREP :D

Samuel,
I recently tried an 'experiment', and discovered that adding the EZFlow primer to the usual CND process resulted in a noticable increase in retention. I was quite shocked at the difference actually. It may have just been an issue of person-specific nail chemistry - I'll have to get some more data points to go on.

My prep process:
-light file (scuff) surface
-scrubfresh
-nailfresh
-(optional ezflow primer)
-retention+/perfectcolor

In my test, I got increased retention and had only used one very thin coat of ezflow. I believe the two thick coats and 'chalky' appearance guidance may be good for the ezflow l+p, but that much primer is beyond the point of diminishing returns if used with retention+ monomer.

Hope this info helps those who experience occasional 'weird' nail chemistry. The EZFlow primer is acid based, which might be the contributing factor.

Al

CND all the WAY baby-

For all of you concerned about costs- YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. If you are using your products correctly, you will waste less as well. My favorite brush ever is a CND brush- the ultra sculptor #10. Do alot of research before you make a decision based on COST. I did that at the beginning of my career, and kicked myself later at not seeing the "proof" in the "pudding."

If you are a NAIL TECH, and this is a career you have CHOSEN, make an INVESTMENT. You wouldnt' want your Dr. using lower quality tools and whatnot just to save on overhead. You want to offer the best services and products for your CLIENTS, who are the PRESIDENT and CEO's of your company!!! You can't offer someone bologna and expect it to taste like filet mignon!

Good luck geeks!

Dream, as its the only one i know and have never felt confident/reckless enough to change it, as its the product i learnt with.:)

Not saying i wouldn't though!

teri x

We can all suggest our own systems, but personally i would suggest getting hold of some try me kits for a small fee from the companies you are considering, then you can try em and decide on the one you feel works best for you..

I agree Young nails also offers one they will also refund the price of your trial kit against full size products.

A bit like going to the Mac counter for a make over then then the money you spend on the make over gose to the products you purchase.

Fab Iead dont you think:hug:

Has this poll been changed as originally some of the brands were not on and now they are?
If so should'nt the poll of been re-started to make it a true reading?

Has this poll been changed as originally some of the brands were not on and now they are?
If so should'nt the poll of been re-started to make it a true reading?

What a fab Idea
:hug:

Has this poll been changed
Not as far as I can see.

Moderators are the only ones who can edit a poll after it's started and isn't something that's done very often.

Thankyou Sandi and I am sorry as I think I got mixed up with another poll !!!:o

I think NSI Attraction is a great system to use. Easy, self levelling, no lifting, no cracking or yellowing. Also economical, but excellent quality. NSI Balance gel is also well worth a try

Latest posts

Back