which l&p system is best???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What L&P Brand is your favourite?

• Creative Nail Design

Votes: 324 54.1%
  • EZ Flow

Votes: 87 14.5%
  • OPI

Votes: 18 3.0%
  • Tammy Taylor

Votes: 11 1.8%
  • Odyssey

Votes: 12 2.0%
  • Star

Votes: 4 0.7%
  • NSI

Votes: 58 9.7%
  • Young Nails

Votes: 21 3.5%
  • Alida

Votes: 8 1.3%
  • Other

Votes: 56 9.3%

• Total voters

pretty&pampered

Reaction score
hiya guys

i know your all biased towards the system you use but am wanting to convert to another system and really cannot decide which one to use. i am considering ez flow and have had a look at the site but wanted to know what others think.

any pointers would be great.

thanks in advance.

We can all suggest our own systems, but personally i would suggest getting hold of some try me kits for a small fee from the companies you are considering, then you can try em and decide on the one you feel works best for you..
I know Creative do one and it approx £7.50, you get a small white powder,a small pink, small scrubfresh, small solar oil, samll radical or retention depending on the one you order and a few forms and a hands down pad..
Im sure other companies do em too.. ;)

Most companies do offer a trial kit. I have an extensive background with OPI, and Tammy Taylor l&p. I have just started using Retention+, which I'm really loving at the moment. I am also going to try Young Nails, and EZ-Flow. I want to narrow it down to two systems. Have fun trying different systems, and make sure you use them the way the manufacturer's intend them to be used!!

I use Ezflow and love it! Dont know if they do a try me kit as i bought a starter kit which should keep me going for a bit, lol. It's a lovely product - very creamy to use and virtually self-levels and therefore needs minimal filing. Check with California Nails to see if they do a try me kit.

Each system works a little differently unless you are buying private lable.

Private lable generic products are less sophisticated chemically so therefore it is necessary to be more aggresive to the nail plate itself in order for the product to stick well to the plate.

Personally I look for what a product willdofor ME.
There are very good reasons why Creative is at the top of the tree as far as nail products go. And 10 reasons why I chose to use it in the first instance were.

1. It is a branded line and clients in the know ask for it by name.
2. As long as you clean the nail plate well, there is no need to use any other product such as a primer to get the product to adhere well. Quicker and easier to apply.
3. The product bonds to keratin (the main component of the nail plate) covalently (the only product that does this). No nail plate damage.
3. It has a Silky finish which requires very little finishing.
4. It is not self leveling but rather domes and flows to make a beautiful shape without too much help from the technician.
5. The product never yellows.
6. Each appointment the nails look like a new set.
7. The range is supported by the finest aftercare products in the world.
8. Your clients love YOU for using it.
9. CND have a full Manicure and Pedicure line and Spa services to support every aspect of nail care.
10. Training has a reputation that is the best.

The training is free if you wish to convert to the product. There is only the kit to purchase.

Hi there,

At the moment I am using the NSI Simplicite range - which I find is good, but am going to get some EZ Flow and Youngs Nails products from the GMEX show...have had a demo of the Youngs Nails products and they look v.good - but I guess you just have to fnd the right product for you!
Goodluck....

Carole Lindsay said:
I use Ezflow and love it! Dont know if they do a try me kit as i bought a starter kit which should keep me going for a bit, lol. It's a lovely product - very creamy to use and virtually self-levels and therefore needs minimal filing. Check with California Nails to see if they do a try me kit.
Dunno if you can buy it normally (I bet you can!) but at Excel I bought a try me kit of EzFlow pink powder, white powder, and small liquid for £5. Bargain, as it's the right amount to do many nails, but small enough set that if you don't like it, you haven't wasted too much money (me- I like it!). AND - the guy you speak to is very friendly.

It's definitely worth buying try me kits from several suppliers before you buy loads of kit, the gel & fibreglass products I bought upon initial training, I don't like, but I spent so much that I wanna use them before buying another.

ALSO - upon my l&p training with NSI I ordered the professional kit, as this is what the trainer told me I'd need. It comes with loads of powders I probably won't use (competition & speed - I'm a beginner for crying out loud!), a liquid bottle that has leaked twice, and a brush that I don't get on with, so had to buy another. Wish I'd known this when I ordered it, I'd have just bought the introductory kit for £9.99 & contains all I needed except the brush.

EzFlow do a small sample kit which has a small 1/8oz white (it could be truly white im nt sure), pink and a small Q monomer- im sorry i cant tell you a price but if you contact them at california nails they can give you more info
they also have a starter kit which contains 1/2oz sizes of all the A polymer series (5 powders in all) and it also has samples of tips and universal forms as well as 2oz Q monomer, primer and brush on resin i think it is approx £44.59 with the vat (dont quote me on that tho...lol)
California Nails no. 01204 412 001

i get the results i want - its a fab product i love it - i could never use anything else :)

Jess
xox

I have used Star Nails L&P, EZ Flow's L&P and i've tried Creative's L&P.

You need to give them ago yourself as everyone will find different things work for them. I personally love EZ Flow products and have found them so easy to get on with. Its virtually self levelling and needs minimal fileing.

Obviously as with any product you need to practise and get some training to show you how to get the best from a product, so good luck in what you try.

Hi so many ov u r talking about ezflow l&p it seems to be popular! Im interested in the different colours & glitters the powders come in could anyone give me any advice on them? Iv been on the california nails web site but they only give the names ov the colours. Also does anyone know if the creative prep would be ok to use with ezflow l&p?
Tix

tinacrawshaw said:
... ezflow l&p it seems to be popular! Im interested in the different colours & glitters the powders come in could anyone give me any advice on them? ...
Tix
I'll have a go later at scanning & uploading a pic of my sheet with the colours of the glitters. I'll let you know if I manage it.

tinacrawshaw said:
... Also does anyone know if the creative prep would be ok to use with ezflow l&p?
Tix
I'd also like to know if the NSI nail pure & primer are ok to use with ezflow l&p as this is what I've got!!!

Thanks guys!

Hi Tina,

With regards to your q about whether you can use NSI Nail Pure and Primer with your Ez Flow l&p - I don't think that wouls be a good idea.

I was always taught use the same range Primer, Liquid and Powder!

Although I'm a fairly new nail tech and so have not experimented much but the salon I work in, one of the girls uses all sorts - EZ Flow Primer, Claws l&p or EZ Flow Primer, Ez Flow liquid, NSi Powder and so on....I personally qouldn't mix my Primers/l&p's but I guess Nail Pure is ok to use as it is a nail plate cleanser and dehydrater - wouldn't affect the actual setting of the enhancement.

Hope this is right - maybe the more experienced techs would have more of an idea about mixing products...HTH xx

Ez Flow have their own primer so i wouldn't mix any other make with this. As for sanitisation i think that would be okay to use another product like that.

I personally would stick with what the company offer to go with their kits. You should never mix primers or liquids from one kit to another, they could cause an adverse reaction as the chemical side of it won't be right.

HTH's

tinacrawshaw said:
Hi so many ov u r talking about ezflow l&p it seems to be popular! Im interested in the different colours & glitters the powders come in could anyone give me any advice on them? Iv been on the california nails web site but they only give the names ov the colours. Also does anyone know if the creative prep would be ok to use with ezflow l&p?
Tix

cnd scrubfresh will cause ezflow to lift i dont know why it just does
because q monomer is not a primerless liquid you will need to use a primer
i always apply 2 coats of EZ bond (natural nail dehydrator and cleanser) then i sparingly apply 2 coats of EzFlow primer remembering to let it dry to a chalky white in between coats and before appling product

also if you look at www.ezflow.com or www.californianails.com they do have demo sections with some of the boogie nights powders

if i can help anymore on EzFlow just send me a pm

Jess
xox

Thanks people, I'll use EzFlow's own primer!!!

By the way, do EzFlow do a cheaper delivery service? The next day service is excellent when u r in a hurry, but I don't wanna pay all that just to order primer that I'm in no hurry for!!!

The only way that ScrubFresh could cause Q Monomer to lift is if you didnt use their primer as well. ScrubFresh isnt a primer, its a cleanser ;)

Saying that... If you were to use EZ Flow... then I would only use their system for PREP :D

And just to put in my 2 bits: Im CND all the way... Never had anything but results that exceeded my expectations in a system.

Good thread... THink ill stick a poll on it as I am curious what everyones fave system is here :)

It's Creative for me too! I've tried just about every other system out there and I personally get better results and alot less bother with lifting/breaking/cracking with Creative. I also use Ezfow Boogie Nights powders but am now flirting with the Creative Metro powders and am going to try and mix my own glitters with the Mosaic kit (it's easier if it's all on the one invoice for my minimal accounting skills! :D ). Having said that I have used products in the past which whilst not working for me have given great results to other tech's so I guess it's personal choice, trial and error, and finding what works for you and your clients! J xx

Hi all....

I'm currently using NSi Simplicite - and although I did have some problems in the the beginning wth lifting I am sure it was because I wasn't removing ALL living tissue from the nail plate - but after gettng the cuticle pusher fron NSI this has helped 100% - I'm getting minimal lifting so I waa thinking of sticking to this system.

BUT...after reading all the posts about how great Creative is I was wondering whether I might just be holding myself back from a system that will give me better results - as quite a few of you have said that CND has been better for you - the only thing is....a friend of mine who trained at college with me went on a 1-day Creative Conversion course not too long ago...won't say where, or who...don't want to tread on any toes, but she wasn't too pleased. She said the money she spent had been a waste because she hadn't learned much - now I have no idea what exactly you are meant to learn and go away with after a 1-day conversion course - can anyone help?

Thing is, this has put me off....it sounds quite strange to me because I know a lot of you really rate the CND courses highly...but my friend is quite a keen learner and very much interested in converting to CND....but I think she's a bit disappointed after that....

BTW...all Creative fans...please don't take this the wrong way....don't want to offend anyone.....

A conversion class is not about teaching anyone how to do nails. they are to teach an already trained person how to use the products.
You only pay for the kit and not the class so your friend did not loose any money at all. Maybe she was expecting something more but that is not what conversion classes are about.
Master Classes ae for further nail education. I'm certain she will not be disappointed in those.

Tisha said:
the only thing is....a friend of mine who trained at college with me went on a 1-day Creative Conversion course not too long ago...won't say where, or who...don't want to tread on any toes, but she wasn't too pleased. She said the money she spent had been a waste because she hadn't learned much - now I have no idea what exactly you are meant to learn and go away with after a 1-day conversion course - can anyone help?
Hi Tisha - no offense taken although it is difficult to rectify a situation if we don't have the facts - you can always PM me if you wish! A One Day Conversion is free with the cost of the kit! The conversion course is for L+P users who have been doing L+P for a year or more! This is NOT a foundation course and is NOT designed to teach you the basics as students who have been using L+P for a year should know these - the conversion course is to teach students HOW to use the system safely and correctly so that they will achieve the best results for their clients! Our award winning education would never expect ANYONE to learn some thing in a day! Hope this helps you somewhat and as I say, a negative experience is not something we want ANYONE to have; a PM may clear this up!! Have a great day!;)

Latest posts

Back