Which line of NSI Acrylics are preferred?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tanyamoniq

Reaction score
First, thanks to all who've responded. You've been a BIG help. Doing a little research into NSI and just wondered which of their acrylics you all preferred.

Hi Ya, i have recently purchased their Spa Arome Free acyrlic kit the sample kit only costs £6 unfortunately havent had the chance to try it out yet but i have every faith in NSI at the moment x x

Hi, I am using the spa aroma free kit, its amazing, no stink and everyone has commented on this, which counts for alot. Love this to death...

although i adore nsi balance gels
i found nsi simplcite(spelt wrong i know) frosted no matter how warm my room was a hands

Kellyc said:
Hi Ya, i have recently purchased their Spa Arome Free acyrlic kit the sample kit only costs £6 unfortunately havent had the chance to try it out yet but i have every faith in NSI at the moment x x

Kelly let me give you a tip, DON'T BOTHER! I bought the same NSI Spa kit and tried it the other day and promptly threw it in the bin! I may as well have spread jam on my nails! I've used other low/no odour lines before from NSI and OPI (Clarite') and they both yellowed but this was just god awful! Really! J xx

Joanne, I too am using Simplicite and having probs with frosting (is sugaring the same?) on zone 2 ... its driving me mad! Does anyone have any advice please as my nails looking fab apart from just seeing this thin line where it sugared :(
Joanne xx

I use simplicite by NSI and I have to say i have had no problems. I love the different ranges of pinks and whites. Just had my NSI Balance test kit delivered this week and they are really brill.

Hi
This is my first time in hope it works!! I also need advice on acrylics, i've tried Clarite OPI and got yellowing, now i'm trying NSI Simplicite and attraction but have frosting!! I'm trained in Fabric so Acrylic is still all new but i would like to get it right so which would be the best product for me???
I'm going to show in Sept so will try and pick up some samples there.:confused:

Hi, When I did my training with NSI I was told the simpliciti (sp) is not great for this country because of frosting it is more for hot climates. i was trained with Classic and its great also use balance which is very easy to use.

Thats excellent thanx... i will pick up both and get Nailing!!!:biggrin:

I use spa aroma and have to say I have never had any problems with yellowing.

*Joanne* said:
Joanne, I too am using Simplicite and having probs with frosting (is sugaring the same?) on zone 2 ... its driving me mad! Does anyone have any advice please as my nails looking fab apart from just seeing this thin line where it sugared :(
Joanne xx
with one paerticular friend i had to fill a hot water bottle up wrap it in a towel and place her hands on top for a few minutes to warm up
i changed product to ezflow i dont have any problems with frosting at all

I use Attraction from NSI and I have never had any problems with crystalisation.

I originally used the Pinnicle monomer from Nailorder and I had huge problems with their system with crystalisation and that was after adding "Gold" which supposedly stops crystalisation.

Hopethis helps.

Has anyone had problems with NSI Spa Aroma free liquid staying too wet & not setting? I've just been trying it with my Classic white & pink powders, didn't get on so went over to try the Competition titanium white & purely pink. Having the exact same result with these. The white is very unwhite, almost trainslucent, and even after finishing on Sonny's last nail, I went to the first nail to buff & the product isn't set, it just went all bitty & came off with the file. I'd checked to see if it had a click when I tapped my nail on it, & it still had a bit of a thud. If I used this on a client surely it would not be good for them to have product on them unset for this long?

UPDATE - Sorry guys, just seen this has been answered in another thread ("Acrylic - pat or paul!" is the title of the first message in that thread if anyone is interested) Must say, I'm not very pleased with this monomer!

Just wanted to say that i use nsi technailcolours and the balance gels and have found no problem with either.

HI...I too was trained using NSI Simplicite - I have no frosting/crystallisation problems...unless of course too little product is allpied.

Thing is, we were told that acrylic sets quicker with warm temperatures and a little slower in coller temperatures....and this should span ocross any l&p products surely....? When I first started doing nails I was slower with my application so ended up playing with the smilelines longer but suddenly when it was warmer it started to set quicker....and this forced me to speed up my act...and cut down my times....but thing is, now that it's a bit cooler (it has been up here in the valley) I found that the acrylic is taking longer to set....so just have to use a less wet bead of acrylic to start with - but I would think this is case with any l&p system??? Maybe the others using a different l&p system can shed some light on this.

BTW....I have used the Classic/Choice range of products...must say I don't like them....the powder is not so fine and I find it too thick to apply....and thus the enhancements turn out thick too...which I don't prefer to do!

Anyway, at the mo Simplicite works well for me.....

HI ...just wanted to introduce myself...my name is Pati and I live in Florida. I prefer the ATTRACTION line by NSI...it does not crystalize and the colors do not yellow. For bright, crisp colors use their competition powders...my favorite being purely pink and titanium white. If you are having trouble with crystalizing try using a heating pad under your table towel...it will keep your client's hands warmer and end the crystalizing process.

Jo Jo said:
Kelly let me give you a tip, DON'T BOTHER! I bought the same NSI Spa kit and tried it the other day and promptly threw it in the bin! I may as well have spread jam on my nails! I've used other low/no odour lines before from NSI and OPI (Clarite') and they both yellowed but this was just god awful! Really! J xx
Jo Jo, you were right i too have got rid of it what a disaster! thinking of trying the attraction but with all the talk of crystalising im stumped x

Kellyc said:
Jo Jo, you were right i too have got rid of it what a disaster! thinking of trying the attraction but with all the talk of crystalising im stumped x

It's awful stuff innit?? Have you thought about getting one of the Creative 'try me' kits? I don't know if you have used Creative already but for me it got rid of all those problems of crystalisation, yellowing, lifting etc etc blah blah blah. I tried the Simplicite' from NSI and whilst it never lifted the colour did go a bit 'squify' and on a bad day there was crystalisation. J xx

Latest posts

Back