Which Martha Stewart 24 pack should I get?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curvygirl

Reaction score
Hi Ladies, wonder if u can advise?

I've bought both 12 packs of MS glitters (the fine and the tinsel) but realised there's no silver/gold so am looking to now buy the 24 pack but it seems there are 2 of them.

1.there's the essential pack
which has amongst others the black (onyx) and the gold (florentine) a

2.and the brand new 2011 collection with the following colours;
carra marble,obsidian,graphite,white gold,tigers eye,sunstone,citrine,orange topaz, azurite,blue apatite,blue sapphire,blue topaz,amazonite,green agate,olivine,heliodore,red corundum,coral,rose quartz,ruby,sugilite,amethyst,purple spinel,tanzanite **but no onyx and florentine**

no i don't know which one to get... so confused :cry:

I have the Essential collection and it does have silver. You won't be disappointed in the colors. :)

2.and the brand new 2011 collection with the following colours;
carra marble,obsidian,graphite,white gold,tigers eye,sunstone,citrine,orange topaz, azurite,blue apatite,blue sapphire,blue topaz,amazonite,green agate,olivine,heliodore,red corundum,coral,rose quartz,ruby,sugilite,amethyst,purple spinel,tanzanite **but no onyx and florentine**

This is the pack that I have and I'm loving it, it's really great.

Obsidian is very close to Onyx, but personally I think it's better because it sparkles and shines more. Onyx is very dark and once top coat is over it, it becomes very matte, you can see the sparkles and flakes, but it doesn't have the same effect as the other glitter as Rockstar nails. Obsidian is black but has a few flakes of silver in so you still get the look of black rockstar with the sparkling effect.

White gold has a few flakes of yellow/gold in it, so it's definitely not straight up silver, but it looks great none the less.

Amethyst is my favorite glitter for rockstar toes, it's the color I've had the most comments on so far.

If you want a silver glitter, Martha Stewart also sells individual bottles of glitter. The silver one I believe is called "Sterling".

well, i've bitten the bullet and have just ordered the 2011 collection (#2)

read a few reviews for the essential pack, most of the buyers were complaining that it has too many variants of pink and not enough dark colours.

xx

My clients have a hard time choosing just from 24 bottles of glitter, so I haven't been adding any new color other than just plain silver. So believe me, you won't regret it :) It's great glitter for Rockstar nails and toes!

i can't wait to try them, also starting Konad too.

so excited...:biggrin:

finally found some Martha Stewart Sterling! (So hard to find here in the UK??)

just bought (via fleabay) 2 huge (42.5g) bottles from Simon Says Stamp (a US company, based in Ohio) for just over £7 each including shipping!

let the glitter fading begin..lol! x

finally found some Martha Stewart Sterling! (So hard to find here in the UK??)

just bought (via fleabay) 2 huge (42.5g) bottles from Simon Says Stamp (a US company, based in Ohio) for just over £7 each including shipping!

let the glitter fading begin..lol! x

oohh do you have a link, my 2 year old poured mine on the floor :evil:

Is the sterling very sparkly? I've got a lovely holographic silver but it's not quite fine enough x thanks x

Have tou tried the hunkydory glitters, if the Martha Stewart are out of stock? X

Is the sterling very sparkly? I've got a lovely holographic silver but it's not quite fine enough x thanks x

I got my holographic silver from Glitties online and it's EXTREMELY sparkly and super fine. My clients prefer this one to "plain" silver. It being super sparkly though, makes it super hard to photograph, it's like I'm trying to take a picture of a disco ball!

Hi,

I cant find the other 24 pack... I have the essentials colours pack and I didnt even know they had another collection until this post!
Do you have the linke to the 2011 pack? x

Are the Martha Stewart ones and hunkydory ones finer than the irresistible ones from s2 as I purchased a few of these and found they wasn't fine enough?
Thanks
Vicky

I personally have both and use them both equally. Bc all of the shades are different.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334563471.695316.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334563471.695316.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 40
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334563487.647830.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334563487.647830.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 38

Latest posts

Back