Which matte gel polish top coat is the best?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheNailBarista

Reaction score
I've recently stumbled across this picture on Instagram, and it made me realize that my matte nails do look like the left nail on this photo! I use the Gelish matte top coat. Does anyone know which matte top coat is the best? I'd love for my clients nails to look as matte as the nails on the right!!!

Attachments

• aeraaf.png
    aeraaf.png
    413.5 KB · Views: 571
Last edited:
So you want it to look like the left side rather then the right ? Because to me the left has a slight shine to it still ?! Which is why the OP referenced the difference between her top coat vs. Others.

I know a lot of people just remove the shine from the top coat and just buff it. I've watched a lot of nail tutorials where that's how they get the matte affect, even combined with a shiny top coat for contrast but I have also seen people put matte polish on top of a gel or acrylic enhancement.
I've never actually seen a matte UV or LED topcoat in North America.

Anyhow if you find one tag me lol

Last edited:
Cuccio do a matte veneer. I haven't tried it though.

The right picture looks like acrylic before being buffed [emoji85]

The matte top coat is from presto. I use it and it's amazing!!!
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1460783583.434394.jpg

Madam Glam matte top coat is good, Sarah R has a review on youtube

Like princessgumdrop said, it's presto matte gel topcoat - it's the exact one Chaun P uses (the poster of your blue vs blue instagram screenshot)...I received it last night and it's perfect - way "matte-er" than the essie matte gel topcoat I was using....

I love how matte ChaunP gets his nails - he is a nail god with his swarovskis!
I can't find anywhere that does Presto in the UK though, has anyone had any luck?

I've tried OPI, Essie and Barry M regular polish matte top coat and it was like the left one :rolleyes:

Gelish make a matte top coat aswell and its brilliant

Nsi polish pro matte, brilliant

Ugly duckling matte it the best

Don't mix brands though!

Latest posts

Back