Which mobile spray tan machine should I buy?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brooke09

Reaction score
Hi I done my training for spray tanning a few years back. I would like to start doing mobile spray tanning can any body advise me on what machine An tan would be best to start with. I have heard the eBay ones are not very good An would like to get a good one so not replacing it. Please help
Thankyou xx

Following... I'm thinking hvlp 700 or Maximist. Just need some advice from other users, thanks :)

If you both use the search engine you'll find lots of previous posts asking the same questions and I'm sure you'll be able to get some ideas from them X

If you both use the search engine you'll find lots of previous posts asking the same questions and I'm sure you'll be able to get some ideas from them X
I have used the search engine thank you for your response. I'm still interested in current reviews, answers from 2011 and 2014 re machines I'm sure will be different to what's on today's markets.

If anyone has a recommendation I would be very grateful.

After scrolling through many articles I'm undecided between pro v, maximist lite and hvlp 700.

Any responses are welcome x

I have used the search engine thank you for your response. I'm still interested in current reviews, answers from 2011 and 2014 re machines I'm sure will be different to what's on today's markets.

If anyone has a recommendation I would be very grateful.

After scrolling through many articles I'm undecided between pro v, maximist lite and hvlp 700.

Any responses are welcome x
That's strange as I've definitely read plenty of posts more recently, but never mind!

I used the TS20 for years and it's still going strong but a few months back LATan had an excellent offer on for the Pro-V and I thought it might be a good time to buy a new machine at a good price, just in case mine was to pack in. I was also impressed by the fact it seems a more sophisticated piece of equipment. (There is definitely a post on here about that).

So, a few months down the line I can give you a comparison to those 2 machines if that's any help.

The TS20 is a basic but very reliable machine. It isn't sophisticated with regards to settings. You just turn the dial at the back until you get the correct flow - usually at about 8 o'clock, although there are no markings in it. It always gave a steady flow and reliable results.

The Pro-V - a much sleeker, sophisticated looking machine which comes with spare cups which is handy. You can control the airflow from the machine and the spray from the gun and it's more accurate as it's marked. The gun is much more comfortable to use.

Cons - the hose is much shorter than the TS20 so the machine needs to be closer to your tanning area. It also gets VERY hot (as mentioned in the thread I was referring to - this is definitely true!). It was recommended by another geek to tape it up at the connection as it can melt!! I haven't done this because if it does melt I'll be sending it back! If you are planning on doing a lot of spray tans back to back, this could be a problem.
I think the Pro-V gun is nicer to clean than the TS20. A minor point, but worth bearing in mind as you'll be doing it every day you use it.

Interestingly, I can't seem to find the Pro-V on LA Tanning website anymore!?

I haven't used the Maximist or hvlp 700, but the Maximist always seems to get good reviews.

I wouldn't buy a machine from eBay though, even if it does say it's one of the above, unless they can prove they're a legitimate distributor. X

That's strange as I've definitely read plenty of posts more recently, but never mind!

I used the TS20 for years and it's still going strong but a few months back LATan had an excellent offer on for the Pro-V and I thought it might be a good time to buy a new machine at a good price, just in case mine was to pack in. I was also impressed by the fact it seems a more sophisticated piece of equipment. (There is definitely a post on here about that).

So, a few months down the line I can give you a comparison to those 2 machines if that's any help.

The TS20 is a basic but very reliable machine. It isn't sophisticated with regards to settings. You just turn the dial at the back until you get the correct flow - usually at about 8 o'clock, although there are no markings in it. It always gave a steady flow and reliable results.

The Pro-V - a much sleeker, sophisticated looking machine which comes with spare cups which is handy. You can control the airflow from the machine and the spray from the gun and it's more accurate as it's marked. The gun is much more comfortable to use.

Cons - the hose is much shorter than the TS20 so the machine needs to be closer to your tanning area. It also gets VERY hot (as mentioned in the thread I was referring to - this is definitely true!). It was recommended by another geek to tape it up at the connection as it can melt!! I haven't done this because if it does melt I'll be sending it back! If you are planning on doing a lot of spray tans back to back, this could be a problem.
I think the Pro-V gun is nicer to clean than the TS20. A minor point, but worth bearing in mind as you'll be doing it every day you use it.

I haven't used the Maximist or hvlp 700, but the Maximist always seems to get good reviews.

I wouldn't buy a machine from eBay though, even if it does say it's one of the above, unless they can prove they're a legitimate distributor. X
Thank you so much for that post, very informative. I might take a look at the Ts20 now in my research.

Much appreciated x

Thank you so much for that post, very informative. I might take a look at the Ts20 now in my research.

Much appreciated x
It's one of those machines that's been around for years, which must be a good thing! X

Can I just ask is the Pro V a hvlp ? I really like the look of this machine& gun very sleek and comfortable . But the reviews are a little scary :( a lot of issues.

Thanks again,

X

Can I just ask is the Pro V a hvlp ? I really like the look of this machine& gun very sleek and comfortable . But the reviews are a little scary :( a lot of issues.

Thanks again,

X
Yes it is an HVLP. I think the majority of spray tan machines are now x

Hi
Thanks for your help I went for the ts20 got a kit of offer from la tan xx

Hi
Thanks for your help I went for the ts20 got a kit of offer from la tan xx
Good choice. I don't think you'll have any issues with it. Happy spraying! X

Latest posts

Back