Which nail service do you offer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What nail service do you offer

• Liquid & Powder

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • Gel

Votes: 23 18.9%
  • Both

Votes: 67 54.9%
  • Other

Votes: 6 4.9%

• Total voters

*Ang*

Reaction score
Hi girls and guys

I'm just curious as to who offers what service so I've set up a poll to get some idea of what is popular. Any comments greatly appreciated :green:

I trained using acrylic, but I had to stop doing it as everyone that rang for an appointment looked for gel nails and had never heard of acrylic.:eek:

They were more than happy when I explained the difference and loved their nails but in the end I thought I'd better give the clients want they wanted and introduced gel to the salon. When I asked what system they would like they would ask for gel every time as they had heard of it or a friend told them about it etc. I think acrylic is much more popular in the U.K.

I offer both but I'm mostly gel.

Congrats on your premmie status btw:)

Thanks girls for the response so far - I was doubting my decision to do the brisa course after my foundation but I'm swaying to the fact that it might be a good idea after all :)

I offer all 3, L+P, UV Gel and Fibreglass so I voted 'other' :D

I do 99% L&P but I do like to have Gel up my sleeve so to speak!

I do 90% l&p and the rest gel.
I enjoy doing l&p better but i wish that one beautifull day they would come up with a liquid that is completely odourless and still perform in exactly the same way as i am used to.
I think that i have reduced the odour to a real minimum but it is noticible to customers that come for another treatment then nails and they do complain.
With all these new products constantly comming up i wonder why they havent developed something like this yet? the ones that are now on the market dry with an uncured layer that you need to roll of...not really what i look for.
I know that i am nagging but it would be so cool to use your system that you like without any odour. I also feel that people often change to gel because of the odour...isn´t it?

I do 99% L&P but I do like to have Gel up my sleeve so to speak!

Same here... mainly do gel on toes and l&p on fingernails.

I have the training to wraps too... but never get asked for this and only use this for natural nail repairs these days.

it's nice to see the poll showing more of you doing both - I'm feeling happy that I've made the right decision now :) I'd still love to do the spa manicure and pedicure though...in fact, every course Creative have to offer I'll do!!

I trained in gel first but most of my clients are acrylic now, although i am feelin the love for gel again :lol: and doing a bit more of it. Quite a lot of myclients are happy to leave the decision up to me, which is great

I also do both, but mainly do l&p, I do offer fibreglass and silk too but don't get much call for it. :)

I use both but more L & P because it's more beautiful:)

I do both but l&p on hands & gel on feet. (I just can't work at all well with gel on fingernails!)

I also have a few people asking for gel when they first ring and I always ask 'why?' normally it's the same rubbish 'its better for your nails' etc but a new one I had was 'well my nails will be able to grow on their own underneath then' :eek: I almost started laughing.

I always take the time to explain things properly on the phone and in person and they always choose l&p at the end x

Latest posts

Back