Which Nail Varnishes would you reccommend?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tisha

Reaction score
Hi there all,

I was just wondering what professional, good quality nail varnishes would you recommend? I know that creative varnishes are quite popular with a lot of members on the site but do you have to be creative trained to purchase these?
At the salon I work for right now they use Essie and they seem quite good to me, but being a nail art freak I myself use a lot of Attitude nail varnishes as do some of my colleagues at the salon as well.

Was also wondering if anyone uses the MISA varnishes from NSI? I would like to invest in a range of varnishes for my own salon but need some advice on which range would be best to go with....

Thanks for your help

T

Tisha said:
Hi there all,

I was just wondering what professional, good quality nail varnishes would you recommend? I know that creative varnishes are quite popular with a lot of members on the site but do you have to be creative trained to purchase these?
At the salon I work for right now they use Essie and they seem quite good to me, but being a nail art freak I myself use a lot of Attitude nail varnishes as do some of my colleagues at the salon as well.

Was also wondering if anyone uses the MISA varnishes from NSI? I would like to invest in a range of varnishes for my own salon but need some advice on which range would be best to go with....

Thanks for your help

T
Hi Ya, Creative do a nice range of colours and as far as i am aware you do not need to be Creative trained to purchase them with regards to other brands im not much help because would love to know the best ones too x

No you don`t have to be creative trained to buy their polishes and they are a great polish, never goes gloopy however long you have them or how far down the bottle you get.
OPI polishes have been voted the best on the market and are also a lovely polish but they do go gloopy halfway down bottle.
I also love the attitude polishes, haven`t tried Essie although I know peeps that do and they love them too.
Haven`t tried Misa so I can`t comment on them.
My non professional polishes I love are Avon and Virgin Vie

i think creative are the best and opi are second best thats my opinion xx

Hi Tisha (me again!)

I use all different types of polishes, I used to have a full range, the Bio Solutions range from Orly (distributed thru NSI) in my salon which whilst they were good the colour range wasn't excellent and the french wasn't to my liking so for french I use a variety of Creative Cream Puff for the white, Attitude white for the VERY white, Essie's Ballet Slippers and Adore a Ball for classic french and the OPI bridal range for opaque and shimmery (thats the best I can describe it!) work. I think for a full range you can't really go wrong with either Creative, OPI (mine have never gone gloopy :| ) or Essie. I've tried the Misa polishes and they have some great fun colours but for me it thickened quite quickly and it has a strange smell! If you are looking for a retail stand I would highly recommend the Orly polishes, not too expensive as to have your client running for the door but also a nice allround polish! Best thing to do is try a few from each range and see how they compare and how you like to work with them, theres nothing worse than having a drawer full of unused polishes. J xx

emmalouisa said:
i agree creative are the best and opi are second best thats my opinion xx
I didn`t say Creative are the best, I just offered my opinion. While I love Creative and would use it as my first option I do use OPI too because we have it in salon.
The market has voted OPI the best, sorry emmalouisa I just don`t want to be taken out of context here

I mainly use Attitude polishes which i love, i have also tried Creative polish which is good, and i have tried Orly as well, imainly go with the colours i love so don't stick to just one make. I do like my Attitude polishes though. It really is personal preference.

I use Orly and can't fault them, I also use the Cele range which also have a glass like finish to them.

Debs said:
The market has voted OPI the best, sorry emmalouisa I just don`t want to be taken out of context here
Just who voted??? How many??? I was never asked for my vote. Were you?

These market polls are pants and seldom mean diddly squat.

How can a enamel range that goes gloopy halfway down the bottle be voted the best??? ON what grounds??

I use Misa from NSI they have some great colours and good coverage and colour density. OPI I have a lot of because they always go on well and they have a fab range of colours. They are a good retails items to. I was thinking of getting more misa colours as a brought a couple to try out first. :biggrin:

Has anyone tried 'Virgin Vie' nail polish?

My Mum works for them as a manager and tells me all the time that they are excellent, very good on natural nails.
i have had a couple in the past but that was before i was nail trained.
Virgin also have a new glass nail file, which i have used and it is really really nice (on natural nails of course)!Has any one else tried them?

Rebecca.

i have only tried one colour from virgin vie...a really bright barbie pink! put it on my toes for holiday and after the first week it looked like really pale baby pink! dont know if any make would do this in the conditions (sun, sea, sand etc) but i wasnt impressed!

For me it has to be Creative, never goes thick, the colour is true to application, it lasts forever on the nails............and a brill selection of colours too .... just my thoughts

Nailsinlondon1 said:
For me it has to be Creative, never goes thick, the colour is true to application, it lasts forever on the nails............and a brill selection of colours too .... just my thoughts
Used a variety of nail polishes over the years on my own natural nails (before training to be a nail tech) but really am pleased with the Creative range..got my 6 favourites for the perfect French polish...Cream Puff, Bisou de Lulu, Negligee, Beau, Marilyn and finally my real favourite Moonlight & Roses..goes lovely over a Forever French!

geeg said:
Just who voted??? How many??? I was never asked for my vote. Were you?

These market polls are pants and seldom mean diddly squat.

How can a enamel range that goes gloopy halfway down the bottle be voted the best??? ON what grounds??
I`ve seen this is many an ad so I just assumed they`d done they`re research.
I suppose if I doubt that then I`d have to doubt the truth about solar oil being the best cuticle oil on the market too!!!!And then wouldn`t that burst my bubble

An OPI add no doubt! :biggrin:

The surveys for SolarOIl have been done by the editors of the Beauty magazines entirely independent of CND Debbie. Also SolarOIl has been tried and tested as to how good a product it is for more than 20 years!!

I repeat, how can an enamel that goes gloopy when only half used be voted the best enamel?? The best for WHAT ... going gloopy quickly? Or the best for what reason?

3 reasons why I would not use OPI enamels in my salon. My opinion.

1. It goes gloopy when only half used!
2. I can name several ranges of enamels that have a far super range od colours
3. It is sold on QVC to MY customers at less than I can sell it for as a salon owner. I would only sell a professional range they can get through me.

I agree with you, I personally don`t like OPI polish but I have seen it in magazines as voted the best polish.
How are we humble professionals supposed to know which to believe in these votes then?

Debs said:
I agree with you, I personally don`t like OPI polish but I have seen it in magazines as voted the best polish.
How are we humble professionals supposed to know which to believe in these votes then?
I never believe any of these survey things because the survey is usually done by the secretaries and asistants in the office of the magazine who is conducting the said survey. They only use the polish once and depending how they have prepared the nail (usually they haven't) is how long the polish lasts ... nothing to do with how good it is or isnt. How well they like the person who is doing the PR and how many times they have been treated to a boozy lunch also counts for 90% of it too. :) Sorry but as I say, I've been around a long time.

Your question?? As a professioanl I make up my own mind. And if something works for me I seldom go looking for anything else. Why waste the time & effort. If I hear from other professioanls (not amateurs) that a product is worth trying then I will try it.

Does any one know where i can find the cele polish range. I brought some from a show once and have had little luck in finding where to get them from.

For mi its china glaze .They have big range of lovely colors up to trend. From de first drup to the last it is as new.And les for so long chip free strong polish:green: 33 % MORE POLISH .I dont need oder polish china is the best:green: the give a gerentie of 8 days i have it on for 10 now no chip still.:green:

Latest posts

Back