Which Nails To Go For???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautyseeker

Reaction score
I have been thinking of going on a false nail course but do not know which is the best type of nail extension to go for, gell, acryllic, what?????

Which looks the best and brings the best return? HELLLLP

I have been thinking of going on a false nail course but do not know which is the best type of nail extension to go for, gell, acryllic, what?????

We liked to call them enhancements and not false!

As for which system to use, every body has a favourite. I trained in acrylics 2 yrs ago and have been quite happy with that system and have only just trained in gel.

Master one at a time then do a conversion would be my advice.
Do some research into what system is used the most in your area then decide if you want to offer it also or offer an alternative.

Im sure there will be more replies later in the day, most are at work so give it time HTH

hi hun

pips advice is great, research whats available in your area and what seems popular, but also think about cornering part of the market no one else maybe has yet?

the biggest piece of advice i can give you is this..... search , read, search, read on here all you can about CND, Ezflow, OPI , NSI etc, and find a reputable company to train with, do NOT do what i did, see a salon offering training for few hundred quid and think wow thats the new career for me, 12 months later (next month it will be 12 months) im still not charging for extensions, ive now had to do VTCT manicure/ pedicure level 2 and am waiting to do a course with Creative (CND), so spend you cash sensibly on courses which are recognised qualifications and ones that you can then go and get insurance with

nicky xx

Go for Liquid & Powder (what you call acrylic). It is still the most asked for enhancement product by far ... BUT ... make it your goal to eventually learn all the different genres (gel and wraps). Every professional should know how to perform well with them all so that they can do anything when they are called upon to do so..

Thanks for replying and for the great information. Will let you know how I get on in the future.

Latest posts

Back