Which Nails??!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xlaurax

Reaction score
ok... im on maternity leave... wanting 2 make some extra bucks instead of sitting on my butt all day. i did a calgel nailcourse, (but havent done a set in 3 yrz).. and also now how 2 do star gel nails, but... im never totally happy with the results, so.... what do u recomend??
i dont mind going on a short course, id just like 2 know which nails i should do? whats fiberglass like? i just want 2 learn how 2 do beautiful nails, which i can do on clients, and no have 2 worry that they may fall off in a week etc..

would really appreciate some help!! also how much are we talking for the course? THANKU!!
:hug:

i would recommend doing a gel conversion as you work with gel already try ezflow or creative hun they are fab and very realiable products, fibreglass is really only used if someone has a crack in their natural nail and they dont' want a full set, i prefer liquid and powder but i like gels too

hope this helps hun xx

At the mo maybe nail extensions are not what you should be doing at mo if you are not feeling confident.How about just offering manicure,pedicure other things that you are happy doing.
If you are feeling a bit down the last thing you want to be doing is something that you do not feel proficient in and is going to sap your confidence if you end up with complaints.
If you have trained in Calgel do a refresher to my knowledge once trained you can have continuous free training days in very small classes then its just a case of buying your gels again.
I wouldnt be looking at using another system though until you have the time and money to train in it properly.

thanks 4 the info on fiberglass! u learn something new evry day! i wud do a calgel refresher but i was never totally happy with how they looked if im honest, i wouldnt mind trying a nsi course maby if anyone knows if ther any good? and maby as i already know the basics (+ a little bit more) it wouldnt b 2 hard 2 pic up? thanku 4 ur replies x :)

fibreglass is really only used if someone has a crack in their natural nail and they dont' want a full set

thanks 4 the info on fiberglass! u learn something new evry day!
I disagree with the info on fibreglass (sorry Kirsty :hug:)... it works fabulously as a stand alone system and doesn't have to be used just for natural nail repairs.

Latest posts

Back