Which Perron Rigot wax?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CeeCee

Reaction score
Afternoon all! I realise you're all probably busy waxing at the moment, but thought I'd post this as I have a minute.

So, as previously stated on my couch thread, I'm off to do Kim's masterclasses next week (Female Speed and Intimate) and want to get ahead of the game and get my waxes in stock so I'm ready to go (models ready and waiting!!!). I believe Kim trains with Euroblonde and Cristal Ocean. However, I've had waxing done with Euroblonde and it was VERY stringy and I ended up with webs of the stuff over me!! I see here that you all rate the Intimate 4 which, I believe is a creamy texture, so would this be a better choice? As for strip wax, I was going to get the Cristal Ocean but most of you seem to really like the Cocktail waxes, so am I better to stick with CO to start with or give the Mojito a shot? Also, do I need a separate wax for faces, ie, Visage? I'm sure Kim will go over it all next week but as I said, I want to get some wax in ready so I can practice as soon as I get home (husband is quaking in his boots already!!!).

Lastly, how many of the metal waxing spatulas do you have on the go? The ones with a curve on one side look good for legs and are shorter (more manageable?) or won't the curved bit make any difference?

Thanks again in advance.

Claire x

Last edited:
I really like euroblond, I've only had a problem with the stringy bits when the wax wasn't at the correct temperature. That's what kim uses on her training courses so you will get a feel for it then! Unless she has changed brands but when I trained last April that's what I used and I really love it now. I had never really used hot wax before because the stuff we used at college was rubbish so it put me off! I use if for all holly woods, bikinis, eye brow and underarm waxes now xx

Afternoon all! I realise you're all probably busy waxing at the moment, but thought I'd post this as I have a minute.

So, as previously stated on my couch thread, I'm off to do Kim's masterclasses next week (Female Speed and Intimate) and want to get ahead of the game and get my waxes in stock so I'm ready to go (models ready and waiting!!!). I believe Kim trains with Euroblonde and Cristal Ocean. However, I've had waxing done with Euroblonde and it was VERY stringy and I ended up with webs of the stuff over me!! I see here that you all rate the Intimate 4 which, I believe is a creamy texture, so would this be a better choice? As for strip wax, I was going to get the Cristal Ocean but most of you seem to really like the Cocktail waxes, so am I better to stick with CO to start with or give the Mojito a shot? Also, do I need a separate wax for faces, ie, Visage? I'm sure Kim will go over it all next week but as I said, I want to get some wax in ready so I can practice as soon as I get home (husband is quaking in his boots already!!!).

Lastly, how many of the metal waxing spatulas do you have on the go? The ones with a curve on one side look good for legs and are shorter (more manageable?) or won't the curved bit make any difference?

Thanks again in advance.

Claire x

Euroblonde is a great wax and as said its just a temperature thing that causes the strings. Intimate4 is a popular wax for intimate waxing. It's a creamy texture so it's very different to EB , it's often personal choice. If you want to come on one of the Discovery Workshops at some point you will have the opportunity to try out most of the waxes in the range so you can get a chance to see which you would prefer to work with rather than having to buy them first.

Good luck

Hi Claire; I'm looking forward to meeting you next week.

I'm only using Perron Rigot until my stock runs out as I'm changing brands. Don't worry though as I'll advise you but in the meantime go ahead and buy a small amount of Euroblonde and Cristal Ocean to practise with.

See you soon. xox

Kim - I've been using euro blonde now for years since your recommendation-
who are you going to next? Euro blonde is expensive but if you have an alternative I'd be keen to learn more.

I've never tried any other waxes as I've always been 100% loyal but I'll be trying various waxes now (known and unknown) and once I settle on the best wax I will let you all know. You (my students) are great and very loyal to me. Thank you. xox

I've never tried any other waxes as I've always been 100% loyal but I'll be trying various waxes now (known and unknown) and once I settle on the best wax I will let you all know. You (my students) are great and very loyal to me. Thank you. xox

Exciting!

I was excited when I tried out a different wax to PR Euroblonde (and made the change) ... you gotta love waxing to be excited about stuff like this ;-)

Last edited:
I've tried all the top brands and have settled on PR intimate 4 and Mojito strip wax. Not to say I'll never change but haven't found any that work better for me so far. X

Exciting!

I was excited when I tried out a different wax to PR Euroblonde (and made the change) ... you gotta love waxing to be excited about stuff like this ;-)
It never crossed my mind to try different waxes before but I am looking forward to it now:)

The thing I know for sure is that there are too many 'well known' and 'high end' brands out there that charge top dollar and are not that good at all..........it's the marketing. Some people are taken in my packaging and fragrance whereas for me it's all about getting the hair out.

I'm on the hunt for a unsung hero that people haven't heard of and if that fails I'll have my own wax made.

We can't imagine ever using another brand of wax other than Perron Rigot. Completely agree about the gimmicks - i seriously don't care what the packaging looks like or whether it smells of chocolate or hazelnut. But that's why we love Perron. It's so incredibly effective both from a client PoV in terms of getting the hairs out, and from a therapist's PoV in terms of its usability. So much so that it doesn't need to rely on fancy marketing/names/smells like a lot of the other brands. We probably get through c.60 - 80 bags of Euroblonde a month and about a third of that amount of Cristal Ocean and the wax most definitely is good value - so long as you have been properly trained how to use it. Euroblonde absolutely isn't stringy when used properly and at the right temperature. The problem is that a lot of therapists were originally trained in more basic waxes and they then go onto buy premium products like Perron Rigot without knowing how to properly use them. What we see most often in our training school, is therapists not having the wax hot enough and then using far too much product as a result/getting inferior results. In that case, of course it comes out as expensive.

Perron has decades of technical lab expertise in developing supreme waxes behind it and is constantly updating its product range to ensure that it stays ahead of the game. I think it would be extremely difficult for a new competitor product to be launched that even comes close to matching the extremely refined formula that Perron has perfected over the years.

Kim please do keep us informed. Since training with you I only use PR!!! I do find it expensive as my pricing is quite low due to high competition in a very small area.

Jane xxxxx

Oh no, now I'm in a dilemma!!! But thanks so much for your invaluable help.
See you Tuesday Kim

Exciting!

Jacquelineanna what do you use now?

Berodin's Blue ... I really love it!!!

Oh yes I remember now!

It never crossed my mind to try different waxes before but I am looking forward to it now:)

The thing I know for sure is that there are too many 'well known' and 'high end' brands out there that charge top dollar and are not that good at all..........it's the marketing. Some people are taken in my packaging and fragrance whereas for me it's all about getting the hair out.

I'm on the hunt for a unsung hero that people haven't heard of and if that fails I'll have my own wax made.

What's made you want to make the change out of interest?

What's made you want to make the change out of interest?
It's nothing to do with the wax (other reasons). I've used Perron Rigot for many years and I still love it and always will.

As an aside, I don't mind which wax my students use before of after my training as I'm all about the technique and always have been. My technique can be used with any good quality wax with the same results.

What's the best PR hot wax besides Euroblond as an all purpose (suitable for brows and braz)? Looking at the options here in Australia, Euroblond doesn't appear to be an option. I'm receiving Crystaline, Intimate4 and Visage to trial but Euroblond seems to be the preferred choice reading all these posts... Thx

What's the best PR hot wax besides Euroblond as an all purpose (suitable for brows and braz)? Looking at the options here in Australia, Euroblond doesn't appear to be an option. I'm receiving Crystaline, Intimate4 and Visage to trial but Euroblond seems to be the preferred choice reading all these posts... Thx
Can you get Homme?

Cirepil Blue is Euroblonde but blue. Hope this link is of help.
http://www.fishpond.com.au/c/Beauty/q/Cirepil+Wax

Latest posts

Back