Which portable e-file to buy & where in the UK, Kupa, Saeyang or DND?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heatherr

Reaction score
Hi all

Hope you are all keeping safe and not going crazy stuck at home !!

I'm based in UK and looking to buy a professional e-file for personal use. Looking to buy something that will last years rather than keep replacing cheap ones from Amazon.

I do my own nails 2-3 times a month, using gel (base, 3 coats colour & top coat). Sometimes I also put fiberglass wraps between base case and colour to strengthen nail.

So I have a couple of questions for UK members:

Q1: which portable e-file to buy in UK?

These are the options I can find online in the UK for reliable, high torque, RPM, brush less motor etc portable e-file.
- Kupa Me-File Portable Nail Drill Machine
- Kupa Mani-Pro Passport Rose Gold (with KP55)
- Saeyang Mini Cro
- DND portable cordless e-drill

Q2: any other portable e-file brands or models I should also consider?

Q3: where to buy online?

I don't have a trade account and don't qualify for one being personal use, so looking for an online store that will sell me the e-file and drill bits. Any suggestions on where to get a professional e-file?

Thanks for all your help, really appreciate all your advice.
Heather

Have you undertaken any e-file training?

Hi both

I’m not a professional nail technician. Ive only done a freebie online course when started doing my own nails couple years ago.

I might do a course at some point, but at moment not intending to do anyone else’s nails only my own.

Thanks for help.
Heather

Sorry, its against forum rules to give untrained, non professionals advice.

One thing I will say is gel polish should be soaked not buffed. No need for a drill on a super soft product design to be soaked.

It's highly likely you can damage your nails if using an e-file without prior experience and training. I've seen that a couple of times...

Hi Noodle, Alex and Trinity

Thanks for feedback... now in the process of finding and booking myself on an training course to get qualified in using e-file and applying hard gel and acrylics.

So is the Kupa Passport worth the outlay or is it better to go for a £150 portable e-file?
I've read some horror stories of vibration damage to hand using cheap e-files :eek:

Thanks
Heather... aspiring nail technician :)

Hi Noodle, Alex and Trinity

Thanks for feedback... now in the process of finding and booking myself on an training course to get qualified in using e-file and applying hard gel and acrylics.

So is the Kupa Passport worth the outlay or is it better to go for a £150 portable e-file?
I've read some horror stories of vibration damage to hand using cheap e-files :eek:

Thanks
Heather... aspiring nail technician :)

Great news, come back when you're trained and we'll help out, you'll have a different set of questions once you're trained

Latest posts

Back