Which Pro Mags do you subscribe to?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which pro rags do you subscribe to (Feb 2004)

• Nails (Uk)

Votes: 69 59.5%
  • Professional Nails (UK)

Votes: 62 53.4%
  • Scratch (UK)

Votes: 70 60.3%
  • Guild (UK)

Votes: 13 11.2%
  • Nails (US)

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Nailpro (US)

Votes: 10 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Thought it was time to throw up a new poll... This one is slightly different as it allows you to tick multiple choices instead of the standard one choice.

Let me know which ones to subscribe to and why. This can help other members decide on which mags are worthwhile to get.

BTW: Remember that the vast majority (about 80%) of users on this site are in the UK so I assume that the results should relefct those choices (even though I thought it worthwhile to post other international rags).

If I have forgotten one... lemme know.

I have had Professional Beauty which incorporated Nails for a few years now, I`ve had Scratch from the beginning and I recently started subscribing to Nails UK........I wouldn`t want to be without any of them now even though quite a few bits are repeated in each.
If I had to make a choice though (and only if I really really had to) then I would choose Scratch

Debs said:
I have had Professional Beauty which incorporated Nails for a few years now, I`ve had Scratch from the beginning and I recently started subscribing to Nails UK........I wouldn`t want to be without any of them now even though quite a few bits are repeated in each.
If I had to make a choice though (and only if I really really had to) then I would choose Scratch
scratch would be my top choice too,would love to get a look at some of the international titles though,just to see if were missing out on anything and it would be interesting to know if the current trends are different elswhere. :)

I get them all as I would worry if I missed anything LOL. If I had to make a choice of only one then I would go for Nails as it was the original and as such my loyalties lie there and also because it is, in my view, synonymous with our Association.

But hey I am glad I dont have to choose and I can have them all LOL.

i have scratch, professional nails, nails, i love them all and feel they give an insite into other nail techs, fashion and the tutorials are great.

I get all 4 UK mags. The Guild comes with my membership but I wouldn't be without any of them - keeps me up to date on all news/products etc. I just love the beginning of each month when they drop through my letter box :D

Shaza

I just get Nails - sometimes Professional Nails is sent to me FOC think due to show - cant decide whether to sign up for either Pro Nails/Sratch or Become a premium geek - can only afford one other right now! would like all 5 ideally!!

Does anyone actually get the guild for the nails stuff?

The Nail Geek said:
i've never seen or heard of this - but only been in trade 7 months :o familar with the others from their promotion stands at shows

Fab Freak said:
I just get Nails - sometimes Professional Nails is sent to me FOC think due to show - cant decide whether to sign up for either Pro Nails/Sratch or Become a premium geek - can only afford one other right now! would like all 5 ideally!!

Hi Louise
would you like a free copy of Scratch to check out?

Send me your details adn I'll sort it out for you

Alex Fox
editor
Scratch :cool:

Can't wait for my scratch magazine, i called Alex yesterday and she is sending me a free copy in post. I subscribe to nails and love it , reading some of the post, scratch sounds BRILL!!!
I will let you know my views when i receive my copy

Hiya

I have scratch and nails i recieved free copies of both through the post and then subscribed. I like them both although i would like more step by steps and nail art would be good. I get the guild to, freebie..............

The Nail Geek said:

Have to say I only get the Guild mag coz its free with my membership. The nails stuff is only a small section and usually quite basic but I am a beauty therapist as well so the rest is sometimes useful.

Shaza

I think Scratch is the most up to date mag so far, I love its fresh approach to nails. I often ask my customers what they read and have had lots of praise for Scratch. Any mag that can breath a new interest into nails for us all is great in my eyes. What do people think of the charges for them all? Some are less value than others I think! Im watching this poll with interest.....Dragon

dragon said:
I think Scratch is the most up to date mag so far, I love its fresh approach to nails. I often ask my customers what they read and have had lots of praise for Scratch. Any mag that can breath a new interest into nails for us all is great in my eyes. What do people think of the charges for them all? Some are less value than others I think! Im watching this poll with interest.....Dragon

Thanks a million Dragon

I will have a great weekend now! Big smile too!

Alex fox
Scratch! :biggrin:

i get scratch and pro nails but have to say prefer scratch, coz its always got such good stuff in it it just seems a bit more funky than pro nails,but i like em both.

I use to subscribe to Professional Nails and Nails(UK) but now only get Scratch, love the mag and advise all my students out here in Tenerife to subscribe, keeps us all well informed and up to date.

I have just subscribed to professional Nails, i did it when i went to olympia. Have to say i really wanted scratch magazine as so many people have recommended it to me but only had limited time at the show and couldn't find the stand unfortunately. As new to the industry haven't found my feet yet when it comes to the magazines and info. This site has been a god send for me. I don't really know anyone else in the industry to bounce ideas off of etc.

Do scratch ever do special offers on their subscription does anyone know?? Can't really afford to subscribe to all of them.

Thanks;)

:D :D

hi everybody
i subscribe to nails ...professional nails and scratch ...i love them all ..allthough sometimes you do get duplicated stuff in them:p .i had a dilemma this month though ...for the first time ever all three were posted through my letterbox at the same time :suprised: didn't know which to open first ...so closed my eyes and picked;) childish i know :D
take care
debbie

:!: talented talons if you pm alex fox i am sure she will send you a free copy so that you can see how good it really is and be able to tell you if they have any specials on (alex is the editor of scratch )

talented talons said:
I have just subscribed to professional Nails, i did it when i went to olympia. Have to say i really wanted scratch magazine as so many people have recommended it to me but only had limited time at the show and couldn't find the stand unfortunately. As new to the industry haven't found my feet yet when it comes to the magazines and info. This site has been a god send for me. I don't really know anyone else in the industry to bounce ideas off of etc.

Do scratch ever do special offers on their subscription does anyone know?? Can't really afford to subscribe to all of them.

Thanks;)

:D :D

We do have special offers from time to time, usually at teh exhibitions. However if you call or email us with your address we will put you on our mailing list and you will recieve a complimentary copy from time to time.

Best wishes

Alex Fox
Scratch
Call - 01883 62 6647 and ask for Janine or email [email protected]
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back