Which product ?- where are the experts please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An excellent post Izzi. There are many users that post on here for other than CND, 1999 Judy is an excellent example and I admire her enormously.

I really was just asking why there are so few educators who appear, I mean no disrespect to any brand or people......it is a genuine question.

User posts, such as mine are valuable to a certain extent but I would like to see more from the qualified educator as the definitive answer to so many questions from so many techs.

The thing is that we moderators can see that the educators are here and visit the site frequently - we know who they are - ... mostly they come on in 'invisible' mode. I wonder why they do that?? (but we can see who is invisible). BUT THEY DON'T POST. Maybe they tout for business by pming the posters who ask about education etc. Who knows?
But I can tell you this, they don't want to share.

Cro-Mari is right ... it is a shame that on the largest and busiest website for hair, skin and nails IN THE WORLD (which is what thesalongeek is now ... did you all know that?) all most seem to want to do is take advantage of it for selling opportunities ... but that is not the spirit of this site at all. It was not why it was started and it is not how it should be used.

I AM INVISIBLE....I love being invisible!!!

Mainly I started being invisible, when distribution problems for CND were at their height, as I couldn't cope with the Pm's every time people could see I was logged on!!
I have mainly stayed invisible now though, as sometimes I am only on site for minutes at a time and sometimes I am at my work :o: and not supposed to be here!!!...woops!

I know you don't mean me though Geeg....as I certainly can't be accused of not posting....3.460 posts and counting!!! :eek:

I AM INVISIBLE....I love being invisible!!!

Mainly I started being invisible, when distribution problems for CND were at their height, as I couldn't cope with the Pm's every time people could see I was logged on!!
I have mainly stayed invisible now though, as sometimes I am only on site for minutes at a time and sometimes I am at my work :o: and not supposed to be here!!!...woops!

I know you don't mean me though Geeg....as I certainly can't be accused of not posting....3.460 posts and counting!!! :eek:

No I didn't mean you but you are just a baby and have a long way to go to be as gobby as I am !!! Keep 'em coming though :hug:

Fortunately the difficult times you mention are well and truly over with and the last year has seen a steady supply of goods and wonderful new distributors who are honest and who care about thier customers!!

IMHO, if I were an educator, I would remain anonimous because I would be in a position to answer all the questions raised on this site. I would agree that if I set up my business as an educator I would save the answers for my students who pay me. Business will always be business and that comes first before anything else. Hope this is helpful :hug: :hug:

IMHO, if I were an educator, I would remain anonimous because I would be in a position to answer all the questions raised on this site. I would agree that if I set up my business as an educator I would save the answers for my students who pay me. Business will always be business and that comes first before anything else. Hope this is helpful :hug: :hug:

I couldn't disagree more!! :green:

If I was a student and read this, I certainly would not be inclined towards you as an educator.

I once was on a training course and I asked the educator a question and her response was that I had to do an advanced course to find the answer - that quite disappointed me!

If I were training now, I would be drawn to a company that had someone, at educator level, representing them on this site. It does just make you feel more comfortable in my opinion.

OOh...sorry Bebeautiful, I totally disagree I enjoy this site so much because I love to share any knowledge I have. I also still learn from this site, and that is one of the main reasons I have hung around here so long.
:)

I think one of the main problems here on the site is that although this is the biggest and best nail forum in the world, it is still a small percentage of nail tech's that use it.
There are plenty prospective students out there, who may never ever hear of SalonGeek, never mind join.
This is a site for professionals, and the vast majority on here have done some training, therefore they are using the site to top up their education and stop them from becoming isolated, especially if they are a one man band.
Also you CANNOT learn how to do nails just from coming on this site and asking questions, even from the world class educators on here. Many have tried....and failed.

Therefore, what I am trying to say, there is nothing to fear from sharing your expertise and knowledge on here, it will not diminish your ability to attract new clients to your classes if you are an educator, and in fact may even add to your reputation.

I rarely post on here, as i tend to come on for information which i gratefully very often find just by searching threads already posted:) This being the case, if we didn't have educators and competent nail techs willing to give their advice freely on here, of whice we are all very grateful, then there would be a lot of newbie nail techs out there doing less than satisfactory treatments for people when all they need is a little advice. Surely we are all in this business at the end of the day to give a good service and to please our clients.

Thank you all very much for your help on here, and long may it continue :hug: xxx

I am certainly thankful not all educators feel that way or I would be in some serious trouble. Don't get me wrong; I go to LOTS of classes and there are not very many close to where I live so I drive several hours or have even gotten on a plane for a few but I am so very thankful for the educators that I can leave a voicemail or send off an e-mail with a question or a request for advice and know that as soon as they get some free time I will get a response. Now I am not constantly hounding anyone either. I have several years of experience but it sure is nice to know if I need some advice I have some great folks to turn to.

Mastiffmom
CND Grand Master

Don't forget that we have Tracey aka sparklybits for young nails?? :)

well, I'm glad to see that those of you who have disagreed with me have expressed so. If I were an education I would certainly be in a position to answer all my students questions because it would be a big embarassment not to answer my students questions. Besides, it depends what questions are being asked on here and whether I feel I should answer them or leave it to other geeks to answer otherwise I would feel that I am taking advantage of my position as an educator. :hug::hug:

Don't forget that we have Tracey aka sparklybits for young nails?? :)

Of course.....and isn't it amazing how many educators on here are Scottish!!! Maybe we are just generous with our knowledge rather than our finances....if you believe the stereotype :lol:

this is good this is :green: it appears that the educators have surfaced this is really nice and I am pleased to meet you. One thing that I have noticed on this site is that the forums are open to everyone and those who feel like answering will do so where as others won't answer even though they know the answer. :hug: :green::hug:

Of course.....and isn't it amazing how many educators on here are Scottish!!! Maybe we are just generous with our knowledge rather than our finances....if you believe the stereotype :lol:

speaking of which, Milton Keynes doesn't have enough beauty salons for some strange reason, when I look at where the geeks are from they are mainly from the north :hug:

Last edited by a moderator:
it has never once occured to me not to answer a question just because i could charge to share the knowledge.

i think if you show you do have some knowledge then you are more likely to attract potential students to be honest.

anyway i think if you are truly meant to be a teacher you just cant help helping others, its something you do automatically.

I would just like to say a big thanks to both Izzy and my darling Looby for putting my case forward here and love them both dearly

As far as Education goes with Young Nails UK not only do you have myself here and the support in head office with Steven & Lisa Dodds but also Claire Kelly.

We also have Educators in the Nail geek site from Ireland and Austraila who are only to willing to help with any questions were we can, with the aim to give the best advice we can, without being product biased.:lol:

I feel I have to comment on this thread & I'll keep it short & to the point.

Educators represent a brand/company, why is it that some brands leave it to the same people every time to represent and to help others? It can't all be about making money can it? At the end of the day no advice given on here can compensate for attending good education, sometimes the little things can make a big difference or just makes the 'penny drop'.

I've learnt so much in my short time in the industry, for me it's CND all the way, and since i made that decision my skills have improved no-end. I have complete back-up from my product and they deserve my loyalty 100% as I deserve theirs.

Also, I attended a training day with a different company before I converted to CND and they 'bad-mouthed' CND, I just couldn't believe how totally unprofessional that was, havn't given that company a minute more of my time or money since.

Great thread BTW Adele x

I personally would share as much knowledge as possible,
One of the things that has gutted me over the last few months, was that as I haven't had a "client base" as such,
I haven't felt I could join in with as many of the nail threads as I would have liked to, as my own experiences and knowledge were lacking,
I tended to find I reverted back to taking from the site rather than giving...To boost my knowledge back up,

Without all the amazing people on here who have contributed their advice I couldn't have done that at all...

In fact without them, I would still be stuck using what IMO is an inferior product (the one I originally trained with in college)

That thought PETRIFIES ME lol..

I can't wait for the day I feel comfortable joining in and offering proper "juicey" nail advice again...
Sometimes I think I may be right...then wait for someone to answer and see whether I was or not... if I was I make a mental note for next time lol...

But anyway back to the point lol... I think it IS a shame that educators are on here often and are not posting when required.... if they are looking at that thread anyway then why not post ???
And as for financial gain...
well they may find that getting their name recognized on here for the "right reasons" will boost their income, as people will see how helpfull and knowledgeable they are,

I wouldn't personally be happy to go and hand my money over to someone who only wanted to help me because of my money.... whereas to hand my money over to someone who genuinely wants to HELP me, I would be more than happy to do, again and again and again...lol

Similar to how we all think its disgusting how nss salons don't care about their clients welfare, they just want their money.... Those of us who have had clients who have experienced this, will probably have heard how they prefer coming to us, as we genuinely CARE

I feel the same about my educators,

And I agree that the more professional information shared in a place a lot of nail techs come to find it, can only be a positive thing for the industry as a whole, and each individual company...The more your clients (US) learn from you, the better service they pass on to their clients.... the more products they buy from you !!!! makes sense in my head :)

(I have done it again haven't I ...waffled my little heart out and gone off track lmao :green:)

Hi all well I for one would not be where I am today if it wasn't for this site I would be still wondering why I was getting Lifting as my previous trainee didn't show me just told me to wipe the nail with nail varnish remover prior to L&P, didn't sit with me and really learn me anything just left me on my own to learn cost me over £500 for the privilege, up to now spent over £2000 on training including a one to one day which was great and hopefully next year will be going with CND and EzFlow and that is due to all the input on this site as to me they both seem to be the most talked about products. I tell anyone who will listen to me about this site lol they all look at me like am daft lol but to me its the best and I am well and Truly ADDICTED am on everyday lol and I love it. Thanx for all your help.

Latest posts

Back