Which remover doesn't harm SHELLAC?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jolie69

Reaction score
Hi,
I did a SHELLAC treatments on a young girl (with mum's consent of course) for her hols.
I'm now worried as I said if she wanted to she could paint polish over SHELLAC if she got bored with colour within 2 weeks and said non-acetone remover would be ok and a quick wipe.
I've just found an older thread where someone asked this but there was no reply given.
Any ideas please
thanks

It would be fine to paint over Shellac, but when she goes to remove the polish, the Shellac will be dull and would have lost its shine... the non acetone remover shouldn't affect the Shellac though.

Will the SHELLAC lose it's shine regardless once you put something over it. Sorry but I want to be clear so I don't give the wrong advice
thanks

It might just be me but when I put nail varnish over the top of my shellac it all came off !

I had decided to do a french over the shellac after a few days of it being on. I had a perfect line where the varnish had been and just bare natural nail. The shellac that had not been varnished over was perfect and stayed on for another few days until i took it off.

Might just have been me but it wasnt acetone or acetone polish remover it was ordinary non acetone as I dont use anything else.

Any ideas why this happened then?

Lisa

I wouldn't be inclined to suggest to a client to paint over them.

I sometimes put polish over my Shellaced nails to show clients colours and then wipe it straight off with a non acetone remover (Bio Sculpture brand)

It comes off no problem, but the shine is gone... I usually only do this when I'm re shellacing them anyway later on that day.

I've had a few clients that have had their toes Shellaced and after about 4 weeks of wear have painted over them and have come in to me after say week 5 or 6 for removal and re shallac.... the Shellac is still perfect under the polish when I remove it, but again all the remover does is take away the shine.

great reply
thanks

Latest posts

Back