Which roller wax system 2019

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbargante

Reaction score
hi everyone. sure this question have been asked befour. but need some help choosing a good roller system. preferable with at least 2 chmbers etc?
if can provide a link for the product will be perfect.
thnaks in advance

Last edited:
I’ve used several brands of roller wax and clean + easy is definitely the best. Most reliable and consistent.
Stocked by various wholesalers. Personally I buy from Ellisons.

I’ve used several brands of roller wax and clean + easy is definitely the best. Most reliable and consistent.
Stocked by various wholesalers. Personally I buy from Ellisons.
thanks a lot for your fast response. will have a lok thnaks very much

Outback Organics have a parent company Essential Beauty Supplies. They sell their own brand of roller heaters which are connectable so you can have one, two or three connected together. Their roller heaters have insulated jackets and a work light and thermostat control so you can adjust the heat setting. I find this very useful as I leave my roller heater on all day rather than turning it on and off. The single heat setting rollers can get a bit hot to hold and wax starts to bubble up through the roller and drip down the sides which is annoying and messy. I don't get this problem with my Outback Organics roller heater.

Get into the habit of always keeping an unused roller on the left and placing the in use roller on the right. (Or vice versa if you prefer of course). Having a system where you switch the unused roller over when you start using it and always place your new unused cartridge in the same slot to heat up to temperature means you never get caught out with two nearly empty rollers not enough wax for your client.

hi everyone. sure this question have been asked befour. but need some help choosing a good roller system. preferable with at least 2 chmbers etc?
if can provide a link for the product will be perfect.
thnaks in advance

I use the double Deo Roller Heater. Both cartridges sit on a platform and heat together but each with their own individual thermostat. I also have the salon system roller heater which is just a single cartridge heater. All cartridges on both the Deo and single heater are in their own heating chambers and so retain heat when in use. They do however only hold one size of wax cartridge (large).
I’d prefer to refill and reuse cartridges rather than throwing them out after every client (plastic).
If this is something that concerns you, you’d want a heater that holds the smaller size cartridge (75-85ml) as there are no reusable cartridges to purchase in the larger size that fit most individual roller heaters.
I believe only clean and easy and Hive heater give you these options as their heaters hold multiple sizes BUT I don’t believe the rest off the cartridges that fit into their heaters are reusable, so it would only be one of their cartridges that’s reusable and if their heaters only hold one cartridge in this size then you are not going to have a melted cartridge ready to use. Roller companies really need to get a grip of this as the war on plastic gets stronger.

Yes, the plastic issue is very relevant these days.
With Clean + easy you save wax though because when a cartridge is part used you pour this into another part full cartridge, so at least you don't waste wax.
On the back of the C+E heater there is a bracket where you can store spare cartridges ready to go. The warmth from the heater keeps these spare ones half heated up. It would take approx 20 mins to get these to full temperature. So you could quickly do a change over while your client is getting off the couch and they would be ready for the next client.
However when I used to do waxing back to back at a fast pace, I found it much simpler to have a second heater on the shelf below full of hot ready to use wax. This way you just swapped over hot wax into your using heater and refill the second heater as you go. On a mega busy day, you just keep back the part used cartridges and when you get quiet time, reheat them and top up again.
Having a second heater is also reassuring in case one heater should ever die on your suddenly!

I think that makes sense!

Yes, the plastic issue is very relevant these days.
With Clean + easy you save wax though because when a cartridge is part used you pour this into another part full cartridge, so at least you don't waste wax.
On the back of the C+E heater there is a bracket where you can store spare cartridges ready to go. The warmth from the heater keeps these spare ones half heated up. It would take approx 20 mins to get these to full temperature. So you could quickly do a change over while your client is getting off the couch and they would be ready for the next client.
However when I used to do waxing back to back at a fast pace, I found it much simpler to have a second heater on the shelf below full of hot ready to use wax. This way you just swapped over hot wax into your using heater and refill the second heater as you go. On a mega busy day, you just keep back the part used cartridges and when you get quiet time, reheat them and top up again.
Having a second heater is also reassuring in case one heater should ever die on your suddenly!

I think that makes sense!

Oh I didn’t know the heads could be removed from the clean and easy cartridges for topping up. Can’t these cartridges just be reused then by filling them up with wax? Can the heads be reused? Ie: cleaned then reused time and time again? With no need to buy more wax cartridges or heads?

Oh I didn’t know the heads could be removed from the clean and easy cartridges for topping up. Can’t these cartridges just be reused then by filling them up with wax? Can the heads be reused? Ie: cleaned then reused time and time again? With no need to buy more wax cartridges or heads?

Yes, the heads you clean with wax equipment cleaning oil. They last for quite a number of new cartridges however because the plastic is heating and cooling regularly, they start to crack around the screw thread area. So when you see this, bin the head as unsafe to use.

You still buy the cartridges containing wax. You can’t fill them from a tub of hot runny wax- the neck is too slim- I’ve tried!

Yes, the heads you clean with wax equipment cleaning oil. They last for quite a number of new cartridges however because the plastic is heating and cooling regularly, they start to crack around the screw thread area. So when you see this, bin the head as unsafe to use.

You still buy the cartridges containing wax. You can’t fill them from a tub of hot runny wax- the neck is too slim- I’ve tried!

Yes but if the heads can be removed and the cartridges reused, I could buy salon system carton wax for pouring and full them up with that. I guess I could also keep the carton or find another pouring thing to use to pour the wax if I wanted another brand although I guess there could be some spillage or wastage of wax.

It’s very difficult (and not particularly safe) to be pouring hot wax from one container to another .
Perhaps compare the price of different brands to see if it would be worth the hassle, mess and risk.

It’s very difficult (and not particularly safe) to be pouring hot wax from one container to another .
Perhaps compare the price of different brands to see if it would be worth the hassle, mess and risk.

It’s not really about cost (unless it’s ridiculous of course), I’m thinking from a reusable approach for plastic. It was only when you had said hot wax could be poured from one cartridge to another to top them up that I became aware that the heads could be removed from the cartridges therefor allowing the re use of plastic.
Must admit I think I’d only try using the pouring wax sold in milk carton type packaging as I agree it would be time consuming and a hassle. Really what we need is a wax company to start producing all cartridges and rollers as reusable then it would be an easy decision. Even if they lasted several uses before needing replaced and if wax could all be sold in cartons instead. ☹️

I really struggled with the morality of the plastic increase when I switched from pots to wax rollers. However I've found that I don't use 4 X the amount of 100g rollers that 425g pots. I find I'm getting a really thin application of wax so It's no more than 3 rollers to equal one pot and possibly less.

The wax pots are not at all eco friendly whereas the wax rollers I use are a slightly better type of plastic - of course plastic is still plastic, it doesn't matter whether it's made from oil or plants, it'll still take centuries to decompose.

What helped me with my decision is that the company I buy my wax rollers from really care about their environmental footprint, all their parcel packaging is plastic free and they are investing in developing eco friendly products, whereas the company that I bought my plastic wax pots from are not even thinking about the environment. So for me switching my business away from a polluting company to one who is really trying to make a difference feels like the right thing to do. I can't afford their cans of wax, but rollers have worked out affordable as I'm quicker. I buy from Outback Organics

Latest posts

Back