which salon software?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lizzie27

Reaction score
can you recommend salon software?
i own a small salon with three therapists, to be honest we are ok with the old pencil and paper, but i would like a system so that we have records easily at hand, names, addresses, and income calculations worked out for us! :)
i dont have an electronic till as i know some do need one, but i have just bought a high spec laptop.
i would be very greatfull if anyone could recommend a fairly simple system for a smaller bussiness, that would meet our needs.
p.s i would not like to pay massive amounts for this, thnx
xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Lizzie
There has been a lot of discussion on Salon Software (see other threads), but I have had great service and support from DWB Solutions, I don't know how they compare with others on price, but straight away I felt that I was going to get good after sales service as well and so far I have been right, give them a call the web site is dwbsolutions.com

thnx for your reply, ill deffo check out the site x

Hi Lizzie!
:) I am also looking into this. Did you find it useful or go for anything else?
X

Hi,

I did a search on ebay for salon software & found Katernico which i bought for about £20 it is pretty good but needs someone there (a receptionist) to operate it.
I emailed them with a few enquires and they said they were working on the next version and the enquires id had they were already working on for the next addition which i believe is out in Sept,so for £20 i will definatly buy the updated version too.:eek:

If you have Outlook on your computer or Access installed you should be able to get a database going with those programmes.

My friend has had several office based jobs over the years so is familiar with all the workings of Outlook & Access.

She's sorting it out for me so eventually I will have most of the requirements that have already been requested by Geeks eg scheduling appointments, follow up reminders, money spent etc.

Best things is it's free as it's already on the computer. Most of you should at least have Outlook. Worth checking before spending £000's

[
quote=Cogsi;779055]If you have Outlook on your computer or Access installed you should be able to get a database going with those programmes.

My friend has had several office based jobs over the years so is familiar with all the workings of Outlook & Access.

She's sorting it out for me so eventually I will have most of the requirements that have already been requested by Geeks eg scheduling appointments, follow up reminders, money spent etc.

Best things is it's free as it's already on the computer. Most of you should at least have Outlook. Worth checking before spending £000's
[/QUOTE]

really? thats fab i didnt think of making my own system on the laptop, im gonna have a look!!!!! xx

really? thats fab i didnt think of making my own system on the laptop, im gonna have a look!!!!! xx[/quote]

Most people don't. I think that's what all these companies are hoping for and are trying to cash in on our naivite (sp?)/ignorance.

I didn't know what my laptop could do 'til my friend told me.

It’s like everything really if you are confidant to do it yourself, then great.
I have done my own business cards in the past, but they weren’t as good as when I had them professionally done, but I don’t think I would like to build my own salon system, maybe a simple contacts page, but nothing as complex as the system that I have just had installed, with my staff rotas, retail stock and staff commissions.

Latest posts

Back