Which shampoo lines for a new hair salon on a budget?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beachy Waves

Reaction score
Hi, I was hoping I could pick your brains please? I’ve recently completed the shampoo and conditioning elements of my college course and have been approved by my insurers to carry out wash & blow drys plus deep conditioning treatments so I need to start stocking a professional shampoo and conditioner line (that I would also like to retail) and have been drawn to Tigi due to its funky range and reasonable prices but is this really considered ‘good enough’ to use in a professional salon?

I was thinking I could buy a litre of each different ones I’d need for different hair types and maybe change to a more superior brand once I’ve become established but try this for now - what do people think?

Hi, I was hoping I could pick your brains please? I’ve recently completed the shampoo and conditioning elements of my college course and have been approved by my insurers to carry out wash & blow drys plus deep conditioning treatments so I need to start stocking a professional shampoo and conditioner line (that I would also like to retail) and have been drawn to Tigi due to its funky range and reasonable prices but is this really considered ‘good enough’ to use in a professional salon?

I was thinking I could buy a litre of each different ones I’d need for different hair types and maybe change to a more superior brand once I’ve become established but try this for now - what do people think?

TIGI shampoos are not bad and TIGI does have a good price range. However, I think their conditioners are not as moisturising. For a wide range of shampoos and conditioners including color shampoos such as Violet, Blue, etc. to remove brassy tones, you can't go wrong with Matrix. All their shampoos and conditioners are hydrating and the color shampoo and conditioners are extremely pigmented. You can get all their lines at a great price at State or similar professional wholesale stores.

And when you can afford it, if you are really wanting the best of the best professional hair care products for the future....Milbon Plarmia line is amazing!!! Especially for color treated or bleached hair. Also, don't forget about Olaplex. You can really save your client's hair when highlighting and using those harsh chemical by spending the extra money on this professional bleach additive and after bleach or color treatment. Just a thought. Happy Holidays!

From experience Tigi are lovely product and really do what they say, the only issue I have with tigi is that 80% of the product range is now available in home bargains, b and m bargains or tkmaxx, they sell that at prices we can't even buy the stuff for. Obviously for us it lead to the question is it counterfeit or not, but to 90% of your clients it won't matter to them and of course for us to tell them it's counterfeit sounds so cliché.
I went on to use MUK, they're an Australian brand, who have won multiple award for products, shampoo and conditioners, treatments and even styling tools. The packaging is still colourful and a little funky like tigi, and they are slightly lower priced.
They also have a binding contract, so that the products cannot be sold for less than the recommended retail price, whether in salon or online.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back