Which skincare brand Dermalogica, Environ, suggestions please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jo1333red

Reaction score
hi all,

I've got a very small hair and beauty salon in Exeter, Devon.
I'm looking to take on a skin care brand that will increase my facial treatments and sell well for retailing, I'm only a one man band, I don't mind price wise but I want a good brand that's well known, sells well and gives fantastic results!
I would really appreciate your recommendations please...

Hi, im a one man band like you and have been for 6 years. I used eve taylor at first and really liked the products however i couldnt retail them for love nor money. I had worked with dermalogica in the past and already had a good idea about all of the products but i was also interested in environ, elemis and decleor. What i did was ask the clients " if i could get one skincare range in for facials and retail what would you like me to get", the response was unanimous-dermalogica. That was over 2 years ago and honestly i have never looked back. I do have a very loyal client base, they do purchase from me only, i know dermalogica isnt that well liked on here but i cant fault it, it transformed my business. I would do your research, find out what your clients like and take it from there. Good luck!

I took Dermalogica on 2 1/2 years ago and haven't looked back - it sells itself. I've stocked other brands (and still do) but Demalogica is what sells for our salon. I agree with the above for some reason Dermalogica gets slated on here something bad! But they give fabulous training, results driven pro treatments and retail X

What is the opening order for dermalogica, like you misseden I cannot retail Eve Taylor x

What is the opening order for dermalogica, like you misseden I cannot retail Eve Taylor x
There were 3 different options, mine was around 3k, paid in monthly instalments for six months but you could also pay it off over a longer time

Thank you SOOO MUCH for your replies ! Are you retailing quite a lot and did you do a launch day etc

Thank you SOOO MUCH for your replies ! Are you retailing quite a lot and did you do a launch day etc
Yep i retail really well, infact my regular clients will go into places like the department stores to get info and free samples then come to me buy the full size, then they save well it saves your samples doesnt it! The first day i had all of the boxes arrive i already had a list of items for people to collect. Ive never looked back.

Brilliant, thank you! Decision made! I know I'll have to promote it well initially but hopefully it'll give me a better mix of income work/retail wise, I'm really excited now! Thanks again!x

Brilliant, thank you! Decision made! I know I'll have to promote it well initially but hopefully it'll give me a better mix of income work/retail wise, I'm really excited now! Thanks again!x
Your very welcome

Yes I did a launch day, went really well - booked lots of pro skin treatments that day too, never looked back! X

Funny I used Dermalogica for years and I couldn't sell it as all my clients were buying it cheaper online. I changed to Eve Taylor and can't keep it on the shelves literally!

Between dermalogica and environ it's a no brainer! Environ works and dermalogica is pants and no good for problematic skins in my opinion, they just market well.
This is completely unbiased because I use neither in my salon but have used both before.
Xx

Funny I used Dermalogica for years and I couldn't sell it as all my clients were buying it cheaper online. I changed to Eve Taylor and can't keep it on the shelves literally!

I offer a VIP card and my clients save more than they would online as they are getting a professional service and the correct products, free gifts, advice, free skin analysis etc - this is what they don't get online, if you had clients that would rather support a large online retailer than a small business then sometimes you just have to let them, as these aren't customers I want - any skincare line is what you make it, if you don't believe in it you can't sell it. It sounds like you've found your skincare brand that works for you X

Between dermalogica and environ it's a no brainer! Environ works and dermalogica is pants and no good for problematic skins in my opinion, they just market well.
This is completely unbiased because I use neither in my salon but have used both before.
Xx

Wow Paige, definitely your own personal opinion. I find my clients who have problematic skins have had excellent results with Dermalogica, but it seems from your previous replies that you just don't like the Dermalogica brand, can't like them all I suppose, but to say it's "pants" is completely untrue. In my professional opinion I don't look to slate other brands, even if I didn't personally enjoy using them - what works for one may not work for another. I'm currently trailing environ from my rep and so far it's ok - but so far it's not swaying me to add it to my other brands of skincare purely because of the smell [emoji4]

Im with Paige on this one, Dermalogica being highly overrated and not very results driven
However do have to hand it to them for their marketing.

Have found great results with Medik8 and Glo Therapeutics and much smaller opening opening orders compared to the other two but havent tried Environ as a range but oh by hell i want to.

Im with Paige on this one, Dermalogica being highly overrated and not very results driven
However do have to hand it to them for their marketing.

Have found great results with Medik8 and Glo Therapeutics and much smaller opening opening orders compared to the other two but havent tried Environ as a range but oh by hell i want to.

Well as a stockist and Dermalogica expert I'll disagree with you on this and so will my clients - yes they have great marketing but shouldn't any company? It's what you pay a premium for, that and training, product knowledge and support. I did loose my area rep for a while but I complained and Dermalogica have fixed it. I also stock Susan molyneux ranges (Monu/Renu & Vitru) spent more than my opening order with Dermalogica and I've had no support since or even a call from a rep or head office - that was nearly 9 years ago.
So while some members of SG love to slate the Dermalogica brand, in nearly 20 years in the industry I've never retailed and provided professional treatments as much as I do now, but then again if your not a great skin therapist it shows and clients will go elsewhere to purchase or have treatments.
Again glad you've found a range your happy with but there are plenty therapists and salon owners who are happy with Dermalogica [emoji4]

Wow Paige, definitely your own personal opinion. I find my clients who have problematic skins have had excellent results with Dermalogica, but it seems from your previous replies that you just don't like the Dermalogica brand, can't like them all I suppose, but to say it's "pants" is completely untrue. In my professional opinion I don't look to slate other brands, even if I didn't personally enjoy using them - what works for one may not work for another. I'm currently trailing environ from my rep and so far it's ok - but so far it's not swaying me to add it to my other brands of skincare purely because of the smell [emoji4]

Yes that is my personal opinion as stated, I never said I don't like the dermalogica brand, I don't like the products. Yes thier marketing is excellent no one is saying it shouldn't be it is a complement. I'm sure your proffessional opinion is a very good one but so is mine and everyone else's on this forum. If someone wants feedback expect good and bad. Don't take it so personal.
X

I offer a VIP card and my clients save more than they would online as they are getting a professional service and the correct products, free gifts, advice, free skin analysis etc - this is what they don't get online, if you had clients that would rather support a large online retailer than a small business then sometimes you just have to let them, as these aren't customers I want - any skincare line is what you make it, if you don't believe in it you can't sell it. It sounds like you've found your skincare brand that works for you X

We tried that also but even with the discount my clients could still buy it considerably cheaper online than I could sell to them at. They would openly say it too. They knew what they should be using from our retail recommendations and then simply go back home and buy it online. I stuck with it but when Dermalogica allowed a third beauty salon within a 1km radius also take the brand on I jumped ship, pure greed I thought. It's just not what I wanted from a professional point of view. Glad it works for you though. I use Environ and Eve Taylor now and make me feel very protected and supported. All the best S x

hi all,

I've got a very small hair and beauty salon in Exeter, Devon.
I'm looking to take on a skin care brand that will increase my facial treatments and sell well for retailing, I'm only a one man band, I don't mind price wise but I want a good brand that's well known, sells well and gives fantastic results!
I would really appreciate your recommendations please...

Hello! Sorry to jump in and I hope its not too late. I would really recommend looking at Katherine Daniels for skincare, I have heard some really good things and their facials are gorgeous! X

i am really wanting to start to promote facials more in my salon i have a meeting with the elemis rep this thursday i had one with dermalogica and really liked it but they said because i have another salon close they won't let me however theres a few salons close by using it i don't know what to do its hard to make such a big choice also looked into decleor but not had meeting with the rep yet . have you chose a brand how did it go? xx

Latest posts

Back