Which skincare range for facials?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missyblue

Reaction score
Hi, I have been using Neal's Yard in my business, I am looking to perhaps have an additional range. I don't really get as much demand for facials as I'd like, I do get some sales though. I have promoted the "organic" benefits of Neal's Yard so much that I am unsure of which other skincare ranges I could choose and how to encourage clients to book facials especially since I keep promoting "organic". Have any of you done this switch and what range did you choose? If so, how did you introduce a second or new range to your business? Any advice is much appreciated.

Hi missyblue,

My first skincare range is kaeso. A professional brand that is easy to use and just right for my entry level facials. Good products within the collections ranging from serums, radiance drops, eye gel, clay masks, facial oils and exfoliators.
My second range is a luxury brand "Payot paris". I introduced this more luxury brand as part of my "Advanced facials" launch just over a year ago. There is nothing wrong with Kaeso, I just needed something a bit more special for my new facial business direction.

I've a few questions for you :-

Are you hoping to just swap over? Or do you need to give your facial list a re-think?

What are you currently offering, and have you done any facial electrics in your training? Are you perhaps more a more holistic or massage therapist?
RosieR

Last edited:
Hi RosieR

Thank you for your response. I am a holistic therapist and I get most of my clients booking for massage and reiki. I do holistic facials and I have many treatments on my price list to incorporate both massage and facials. I am considering a second skincare range so that it will encourage more facial bookings.

I have only used Neal's Yard so far and wonder if the reason I don't get many booking is because that skincare range is available everywhere. However since I have been promoting "organic" for so long, I wonder how to market a new skincare range that isn't organic?

So considering Eve Taylor (though I am only basing it on what I have read about them), I am thinking about having a second range to 1) offer an alternative and 2) encourage more bookings for facials as its different than local competition?

In your situation as your using a range that's MLM I'd swap your existing range for Eve Taylor without any doubt. Just do it. I seems the perfect choice for you actually.
I had considered it myself, but it wasn't quite what I wanted. My needs were different to yours. You are lucky that there aren't other salons in your area using the brand.
Possibly phase out your first line slowly, or have an exciting relaunch of the new line when we re open. Obviously that will depend on how much stock you have.

If you have confidence in your new product line it will take the pressure off your wariness and I am sure your clients will totally trust your new range if you love it too.
Get a few samples from them and see what you think. There are plenty of geeks on this forum that will give you positives about the brand.
Good luck

Hi lovely.

I think it’s fantastic to promote organic & vegan type products in salon, especially as more people are wanting to invest in something sustainable. So congratulations on that!

I think it’s also important to consider the clients who need/want something a little stronger, like more of a results led approach. If you are looking to add another range as an alternative I would recommend Crystal Clear.

I have been using their products in my facial treatments & I get more impressed every time I use them. My clients also love the products for home care, which brings in a retail opportunity. The products are clinical grade with amazing active ingredients to target all sorts of skin concerns. They also offer machine facials which bring in more clients.

If you would like any more info or if you have questions, please just message me, I would be happy to help 💜 Suzanne

Hi missyblue,

I have been using Eve Taylor in my salon for about 9 years now and absolutely love it. They have an amazing range of salon only professional products to use within your facials as well as a full range of retail products available.
If you'd like any more information about the range/facials feel free to message me and I'll be happy to help

Hi missyblue,

I have been using Eve Taylor in my salon for about 9 years now and absolutely love it. They have an amazing range of salon only professional products to use within your facials as well as a full range of retail products available.
If you'd like any more information about the range/facials feel free to message me and I'll be happy to help

Thank you, is there any training videos for using the range of their products? I am a small home based salon, so do you know which package would be best to go with. My clients are more on the mature side.

Thank you, is there any training videos for using the range of their products? I am a small home based salon, so do you know which package would be best to go with. My clients are more on the mature side.
I'm also a home based salon. Once you register with Eve Taylor to use their products you can access the marketing and professional areas of their site and this gives you access to their online training for all skincare and body products. There's also a section for recommended facials with videos on product applications. I don't offer all of their facials as there are quite a lot but you can pick out the ones that would best suit the clients you have and they encourage you to taylor make the treatments to suit your clients needs so it's not a ' one treatment fits all' kind of facial. I've always found them to be really helpful when I've called them and they've been very supportive during this last year offering ways to encourage retail sales whilst we've been closed. They don't have a minimum start up package like some companies I've dealt with in the past. I used to own a salon and used Mary Cohr and Comfort Zone but both were too expensive for me to use with being in my own. Hope this helps x

Another vote for eve taylor it's a fantastic brand to work with! Clients always comment on how good the products smell, and the results really speak for themselves. I find the products are more affordable too so clients feel more inclined to introduce ET in to their routine at home :)

Latest posts

Back