Which skincare range?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

totalwellbeing

Reaction score
Hi ladies (and gents)
I'm new to the forum, my names Nina and i have just recently set up as a mobile beauty therapist. I really need some advice, i need help with my facial skin care range? i have been looking at the salon systems thai range but im just not sure, obviously i would love to use products such as elemis or decleor but i just cant afford the set ups, any help would be very appreciated.
Thanks Nina xxx

If you tap skincare into the search at the top you will find lots of info.
Many of the large companies like Decleor,Elemis,Dermalogica will not supply to mobile anyway.
Many people on here use Eve Taylor and really like it. It is very plant/essential oil based as it is developed by Eve Taylor who is a renowned Aromatherapist so although its not Decleor or Elemis it is on similar lines.I believe Eve Taylor also supply the essential oils used in dermalogica products.
Moor Spa is another line to look at which do good mobile small salon start up packages.These are ones i have personally used and know to be a good mid range.

Hey Nina,

I'm in exactly the same boat as yourself - ive just finished my beauty therapy course and and now trying to decide on the best (and reasonable) products to use when I go mobile in the next month or so - i've also looked at the salon system range which is what we used in college so am very familiar with it but maybe the thai range as the reviews seem pretty good - ive been looking at the opi range for hands n feet and within my area it comes up tops for most used but like yourself the price for a newbie is quite daunting..
As for the facial side of things im disgusted to say im completely in over my head by the vast ranges - i want luxurious but at a sensible price as id like to be able to give sample sachets to clients to entice them the buy hence adding to product sales... Can anyone aid me in my quest??

Thanks so much in advance

Jo x

Many of the professional skincare suppliers will send you samples Eve taylor will,Moor spa are very generous as are Susan molyneux.
I personally wouldn't use the cheaper ranges you can just get at the wholesalers maybe its face range snobbery :) but also support is usually much better from the more select companies.

i have recently taken on eve taylor excellent range at affordable price....and supposed to have excellent training oh and the massage candless are to die for!!

I have just taken eve taylor into my salon and academy. I have to say that I LOVE it. I have been running an offer on clients all week to try the new range and the feedback is fantastic. I am so happy with my choice.

Give them a whirl, they are really nice too, friendly, helpful and knowledgable.

tigi
xx

Hi Ladies,

Thank you so much for your imput in your replies - I shall check your recommendations out.

Kind Regards

Jo x

I only have a small salon which i run from home and I wanted a product which wouldnt cost me a fortune so I went with Eve Taylor and so far so good, would def recommend for the smaller salons or mobile therapists x

Take a look at Cetuem, just like Decleor used to be!!!!

Another heads up for Eve Taylor!!!!!

Fab products that are affordable!
Youre customers dont have to be loaded to be able to buy them!

@Mizzjo - they do sample sachets you can buy and give to clients, theyre very generous sizes and you can get a good few applications out of them!
And the great thing about them NOT allowing discounted online selling is that your clients cant use the sample and then go buy cheap online!!!

do you have any sample sachets? ive never used this brand before and obviously would like to try before i buy but i don't know anyone around here who uses it xx

do you have any sample sachets? ive never used this brand before and obviously would like to try before i buy but i don't know anyone around here who uses it xx

All you need to do is phone them up and they will send you a pack with price lists and samples, theyre really prompt!!!!

I emailed eve taylor after reading the comments on this thread on Sunday - i got a reply on Monday morning offering me the samples and brochure..
All positive stuff so far. Looking forward to trying them out when i get them :O) x

As a home based therapist, I am facing the same problem as many of you in that the big skincare houses won't supply you without a hefty set up cost (typically £2000 plus) or simply won't supply you at all.

I went to the Excell Beauty Show this year and managed to get some samples of Eve Taylor. I was very tempted by how reasonable they are, the paraben free formulas and the aromatherapy...however...I used a couple of their samples and actually had a really sore and tingling face!!
I have tough old skin and am not allergic to anything so this came as a shock!! I'm sorry to say that my colleague reacted in the same way!!

I recently had an Eve Taylor facial and personally found the smell of the aromatherapy oils overwhelming and they made my eyes sting and water a bit.

I know that generally this brand is well received but I would urge people to get samples and try it on themselves and other people before forking out too much money.

Sorry to pour cold water on what appears to be a great brand but thought I should mention this...

PB
x

Hi PB that is very strange indeed, especially for the two of you to get it! I've done close to 900 facials since taking on Eve Taylor and have never had a single reaction! Not one. I'm interested to know what you were using on your skin everyday at the time you tried the samples? Normally you need to have some bad ingredients to have reactions and if you look at Eve Taylor ingredients you will see that there are none in them! Very strange indeed...

As a home based therapist, I am facing the same problem as many of you in that the big skincare houses won't supply you without a hefty set up cost (typically £2000 plus) or simply won't supply you at all.

I went to the Excell Beauty Show this year and managed to get some samples of Eve Taylor. I was very tempted by how reasonable they are, the paraben free formulas and the aromatherapy...however...I used a couple of their samples and actually had a really sore and tingling face!!
I have tough old skin and am not allergic to anything so this came as a shock!! I'm sorry to say that my colleague reacted in the same way!!

I recently had an Eve Taylor facial and personally found the smell of the aromatherapy oils overwhelming and they made my eyes sting and water a bit.

I know that generally this brand is well
received but I would urge people to get samples and try it on themselves and other
people before forking out too much money.

Sorry to pour cold water on what appears to be a great brand but thought I should mention this...

PB
x
I've had eve Taylor in at my salon for a year and a half now and I've found this s few times. I had one very regular client with me who always had hotstones back massage and wanted to start getting facials done off me as well as she was getting facials done elsewhere. I did a facial and used the soothing range and her skin reacted! I've even tried the cleanser for mega sensitive skin (forgot what it's called now) and she still reacted!!

She didn't book back in for it again after having tried it twice and I've only managed to get her back now cause I've just swapped to dermalogica and I'm very very very happy that I have now as my clients love it! I can now charge more money for my facials and I've sold more products in the past 2 weeks that I've had it in than I ever sold in the year and a half using eve Taylor skincare despite handing out sample after sample and promoting it, however I sell shed loads of the
massage candles!!

I'm someone who likes to continue to progress through training which is great cause all of my dermalogica training is free and there's loads of coarses!

Eve Taylor skincare definitely has it's place though and it's a great skincare to get u started if your on a budget. Unfortunately I was needing a skincare that gives instant results, offers great training, my clients recognise and business support and help if I choose to host an event. I'm selling my retail and professional eve Taylor products if anyone would like any feel free to pm me

Hi ladies (and gents)
I'm new to the forum, my names Nina and i have just recently set up as a mobile beauty therapist. I really need some advice, i need help with my facial skin care range? i have been looking at the salon systems thai range but im just not sure, obviously i would love to use products such as elemis or decleor but i just cant afford the set ups, any help would be very appreciated.
Thanks Nina xxx

Have you tried KAESO SKINCARE RANGE ... reasonably priced , and very good reviews on them

Latest posts

Back