Which smells evoke memories?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissyMuffin

Reaction score
A mention of perfumes on another thread made me think

LouLou perfume reminds me of being pregnant, everyone wore it and I used to gag.
Body Shop fuzzy peach reminds me of my mum.
Coconut moisturiser reminds me of holidays in Portugal.
Comfort fabric softener reminds me of my ex mil, her washing was always hanging in the hall
The smell of new carpet reminds me of when I moved into this house.
Adidas deodorant was always I'm my house when my boys were teenagers
I could go on and on :)

Coconut moisturisers remind me of beach holidays.
The smell of paper and pencils remind me of school.

Old Holborn tobacco reminds me of my Dad.
Body shop vanilla reminds me of someone I used to know. I tried to like her, but that horrid perfume always made me retch.

Lavender water always reminds me of my nan :)

I still love the smell of lavender to this day.

Cool waters for women reminds me of my rebellious teenage years. I wore others but that takes me back.

Baby lotion reminds me of my Grandad, he always puts it on after having a shave.

Redbull (gags) reminds me of a bar I use to work at that sold vodka redbull fishbowls.

Sickly aftershaves (joop, jpg) also make me gag all the lads at school coating themselves in them.

Coco Mademoiselle although I wear it regularly it reminds me of Thailand.

Xx

The smell of a hairdressers salon. I grew up in one (both parents) and every time I went to a salon it would remind me of my childhood.

Nice cooking reminds me of my mum and dad's house, stews and curries there was always something on the go!
Madonna perfume reminds me of magaluf, it's the one I took with me and all I could smell when I was being sick my last day so I only can wear it when I'm drinking now haha xx

I have purchased the new Radox Dragon Fruit and Camu Camu berry shower gel and it reminds me of holidays x

Smoked bacon being cooked. Reminds me of full English breakfast on childhood holidays in the caravan in Devon :)

I also always have vivid memories associated with perfumes I have been wearing at that particular time. Eg - Estée Lauder Beautiful reminds me of Christmas 2005.

Body shop fuzzy peach!! I'd forgotten about that!!
That brings back memories of a childhood friend when we used to have sleepovers and she always wore that!

I love memories. I'm such a sentimental cow! x

Body shop Dewberry reminds me of sixth form and uni!

Versace Blue Jeans, Hugo Boss, Boss Bottled, Ultraviolet - all ex boyfriends.

Opium - my mum

Xx

I've just opened some Nivea face wipes and the smell took me back 20 years to those little blue tins.

Hair spray reminds me of my nan who passed when I was 11. She had Betty page style hair and used to spray a tonne of hairspray every morning lol.

Kouros reminds me of my Dad and our first trip abroad to Greece x

Coty lamont(?) reminds me of my nana xx

Coty lamont(?) reminds me of my nana xx

Ah yes, the body lotion was in a bright pink bottle. My mil bought be some when I first married her precious son. Should have seen the signs lol

Kouros reminds me of my Dad and our first trip abroad to Greece x

I was just about to type this. Not to Greece though lol he used to always wear it when he had a meeting at work.

Night Blooming Jasmine...reminds me of my childhood.

Jasmine reminds me of Tunisia. It smells like cat pee

Latest posts

Back