Which smells evoke memories?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dolce and Gabanna 'the one' always reminds me of a my dad as he brought me my first bottle
Valentino Valentina perfume reminds me of my 18th birthday.
Palmers body butter reminds me of a day when me and a friend went to bexhill, coated ourselves in baby oil and burnt to a crisp, we used the palmers to soothe it.
The 'so....?' Body sprays and Charlie spray reminds me of the changing rooms in school, every girl used it!
The smell of beer or cider reminds me of a nightclub I used to work in.
And lastly vanilla reminds me of a girl I was friends with at school, she always used to wear boots natural collection vanilla body spray, she smelt like a bake sale...used to love her hugs!! Xxx

Walking past the JOhnsons products in the supermarket or chemist always takes me back to when I was pregnant/a new mummy. I used to go and buy things before I had my baby and stash them away in readiness. And that lovely baby smell.

Theres a man at the gym who smells the same. He has spoilt it somewhat :(

If I smell Jean-Paul Gaultier cologne I remember a gay guy I worked with. He bathed in it and it still makes me gag. Lovely bloke but the whole building smelled of him. Bleugh!!

Dior's Fahrenheit. Reminds me instantly, of the boy I fell head over heels for at 16 (24 years ago). Is it wrong that I bought it for my ex hub and my current partner to wear??

Old Spice reminds me of my dad. Cigar smoke reminds me of my first visit to the cinema to see Wizard of Oz - someone in the audience was smoking one!!! It works the other way as well, cos when I watch Wizard of Oz on tv I instantly think of cigars lol!!!!

If I smell Jean-Paul Gaultier cologne I remember a gay guy I worked with. He bathed in it and it still makes me gag. Lovely bloke but the whole building smelled of him. Bleugh!!

I reminds me of working in House of Fraser. There was a concession next to my section and the guy used to spray everyone who walked past. It stank! XD

Schools have their own particular smell but I can't describe it. When I went to my sons school it all came flooding back.

A musky scent, often comes from blokes when they have been doing hard manual labour around oil etc. This always reminds me of my dad.

The smell of rain just after it's stopped. Reminds me of Florida and Australia.

Clinque happy perfume reminds me of my mum.

Walking past the JOhnsons products in the supermarket or chemist always takes me back to when I was pregnant/a new mummy. I used to go and buy things before I had my baby and stash them away in readiness. And that lovely baby smell.

Theres a man at the gym who smells the same. He has spoilt it somewhat :(

Infacare bubble bath! I'm taking 24 years ago. Feels like weeks ago! :sad:

My mum lives in Australia and years ago she bought hot wax so we could do our waxing while I was there and she gave me a tub to bring home. I've never used it since but every now and then I open it and the smell takes me right back to being in her apartment by the river. It's amazing lol x

Fenjal bath oil reminds me of my friend's mum as she always got it for Christmas and birthdays.

Vanilla Secrets and Vanilla Kisses from Impulse were my signature scents at school. As well as White Musk and Dewberry from the Body Shop

Latest posts

Back